Webinterface

Questions and answers on how to get the most out of FFAStrans
emcodem

Re: Webinterface

Post by emcodem »

Thanks a lot for letting me know @knk i'll take a close look before the next release...
emcodem, wrapping since 2009 you got the rhyme?
knk

Post by knk »

Hi emcodem!

Quick question, is there any way I can get the active user on the browser session and transform it into a variable?

In depth: I'd like to know who exactly started a workflow using the webinterface. Been looking at logs or active files but don't seem to find a usable data input that I could pass onto the workflow side. There could even be a chance to post that information into a variable, but I need to know where I can get it first.

Thanks (again!) !
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

Hi @knk,

Good request, fortunately momocampo asked for it some time ago so it has been implemented already. Unfortunately i am not 100% certain if it is part of the current release or if it has been added later (i only work with "latest" versions :D)

How it works is that when a job is submit from job submitter page, this variable will carry the logged in username: %s_job_submit_username%
let me know if it works for you, if not i'll try to be faster with the next releas
knk

Post by knk »

Indeed... working like a charm! :)
Thanks!!!
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

@knk
8-)

So the reason why this has not yet been documented in the wiki is that i was not certain if the design how it works is final.
E.g. steinar does not like the concept of setting "non existing" variables in the job via API. (webint does submit this user variable even if it does not "exist" in the workflow"), while at the same time i personally like this concept very much because this way webinterface version stays decoupled from ffastrans version and it is also more kind of backward compatible. E.g. i add a new fixed variable in the job submitter and you still can use new webint feature with old ffastrans.
However, it is as it is right now and no plans for changing currently, so i also added it to the wiki documentation.