Black appears at end after deinterlace

Here you can submit bugreports
agohain

Black appears at end after deinterlace

Post by agohain »

After Deinterlace 2 extra frames added and these frames played black using Quick time player. Also no information for last 2 frames. This is for all. please help.
emcodem

Re: Black appears at end after deinterlace

Post by emcodem »

Hey agohain,
welcome to the forum and thank you for using FFAStrans!

please send a full_log.json!
Even better would be if you send a source file and your workflow so we can reproduce the problem.
emcodem, wrapping since 2009 you got the rhyme?
agohain

Post by agohain »

Hi emcodem,

Thank you very much for your quick reply. I am very much new to use FFASTRANS. I am sending all the details to you. My problem is not only for a particular file. 2 frames added to every file when converted/deinterlace using FFASTRANS.
Please help/guide me to resolve the problem.

i am sending two files sample files also ORIGINAL(ORIGINAL---assam8.MOV) and converted file(AFTER DEINTERLACE----assam8 DY365.mov). Please download the files from https://we.tl/t-IzJDkfxBUi
MY WORKFLOW.jpg
MY WORKFLOW.jpg (92.73 KiB) Viewed 4561 times
anu final to pcr drop.json
(5.57 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
PROBLEM.jpg
PROBLEM.jpg (328.39 KiB) Viewed 4561 times
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

Hey, thanks very much for the uploads, thats just perfect.
So from what i see, the problem is related to using mov container in output: there is more audio than video, also there is more audio than there was in the input file.
This problem seems to exist in ffmpeg since a very long time and i am not sure if this can/will be fixed anytime so i suggest a workaround for you
1: ignore the problem, quicktime for windows player is dead and most players will ignore the superfluous audio data OR:
2: In the encoder processor, set mxf as output wrapper format. This guarantees that there is exactly as much audio as there is video. After the encoder processor, insert commandline processor with this commandline:

Code: Select all

"%s_ffmpeg%" -i "%s_source%" -codec copy -y "C:\temp\%s_original_name%_delivered.mov"
You can change "c:\temp to your desired delivery location. also i added _delivered to the output filename, you can just delete that or replace by some other suffix.

Let me know your thoughts.

Sidenote: i am not sure if you need A/V decoder and deinterlacer in your workflow at all, the encoder processor should take care about input conversion automatically but you might know better why you do it like this.
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

@admin might be interested in this but i am really not sure if it is worth to be reported to the ffmpeg community.
agohain

Post by agohain »

Hi emcodem,

Thank you very much for your immediate reply. Your guidance might work for me. Please give me one day, I will check and report to you.

Also, my workflow is mainly for "DEINTERLACE", so please guide me how only 'encoder processor' will work for me without 'A/V decoder' and 'deinterlacer'

Thanks again.
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

Superb, let me know your results please. One thing i forgot to mention: if you do what i suggest and work with commandline processor after encoding, you do not need the deliver processor anymore as the commandline processor already writes the file to the target location.
agohain wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:48 pm Also, my workflow is mainly for "DEINTERLACE", so please guide me how only 'encoder processor' will work for me without 'A/V decoder' and 'deinterlacer'
A simple example workflow:
Encode->Deliver

If you submit files to the encoder and the encoding profile is set to "progressive", then the input will automatically be deinterlaced if needed. In case you set the encoder to "top field" but your input source is bottom field, the encoder will also take care about the needed conversion.

FFAStrans has a VERY smart system for generating the needed filter commands that are needed to come from the current input source files properties to the target encoding preset's properties. Basically you only need A/V decoder and filters if you want to do some special processing.

But in your workflow screenshot, you have a DV and DV is always bottom field by definition, this means the encoder would not deinterlace top or bottom field source files, it would just change the field order as needed to bottom field. So if this is what you like: bottom field source file-> deinterlace -> encode again as bottom field, then you need the a/v decoder and deinterlace processor as you have it in your workflow.

Another hint: if your goal is to correct "wrongly flagged" files, e.g. files that say they are top field but in reality they are bottom field, you can again toss the A/V decoder and in the encoder processor just enable "Interlaced Input: Analyze".
agohain

Post by agohain »

Hi emcodem,

Sir, I want to inform you that your suggestion works for me. I have noticed for long 7 hours. Thank you again. Also thank you because you make understand in details. I did it yesterday only with your support
you do not need the deliver processor anymore as the commandline processor already writes the file to the target location.
My present workflow is like...
okay.jpg
okay.jpg (67.02 KiB) Viewed 4469 times
Sir, I already told you that I am totally new to 'FFASTRANS' so I do not understand your hint actually
Another hint: if your goal is to correct "wrongly flagged" files, e.g. files that say they are top field but in reality they are bottom field, you can again toss the A/V decoder and in the encoder processor just enable "Interlaced Input: Analyze".
My aim is to correct only the files with interlacing problem or otherwise not. In my case, I think presently all the files are getting processed. I am sending my workflow.json file and I will be very happy if correct my workflow and send back to me.
anu final to pcr drop.json
(5.87 KiB) Downloaded 90 times

So, Sir need your valuable help and time so that to get the best workflow for my need.

Thanks once again.
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

My aim is to correct only the files with interlacing problem or otherwise not.
What kind of problem? Is it just about wrong metadata in source files, e.g. the flag is bottom field but reality is top field or is it something totally different?
Do you have 2-3 short source files for us that show the problem you want to correct?
agohain

Post by agohain »

Hello emcodem,

Sir, as I can see my present workflow is running fine and all this is possible because of your support.
I just want know from you is that is there anything to change here in my workflow to consume lesser time in conversion process or to get a better output.
okay.jpg
okay.jpg (67.02 KiB) Viewed 4435 times
Sir, I want to use a conditional check i.e IF-ELSE in my present workflow. If source file is okay then it will be delivered directly and problematic files will be delivered after processing.

Waiting for your guidance.