Remove Record/Forget Files Not Working Anymore

Questions and answers on how to get the most out of FFAStrans
graham728

Remove Record/Forget Files Not Working Anymore

Post by graham728 »

Hi,

My workflows are now not processing files it has already processed. I have a delete source file node at the end of the workflow:

%comspec% /c "del /f /q "%s_original_full%""

I also have the below for remove file from record - which has always worked in terms of making the workflow forget about the file so it can in theory be process again should I place the file back into the watch folder:

%comspec% /c "del /f /q "%s_cache_record%""

I've moved FFAStrans to a new PC - wondering why this has stopped working?
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-06-20 160936.png
Screenshot 2023-06-20 160936.png (24.99 KiB) Viewed 1312 times
graham728

Re: Remove Record/Forget Files Not Working Anymore

Post by graham728 »

So it looks like when I've upgraded the workflows from pre 1.0 (I had a very reliable Win7 PC that I've just recently replaced) - Some of the watch nodes have had 'Forget Files' unticked.

Do I need this remove Cache Record node with 'Forget Files' enabled?
momocampo

Post by momocampo »

Hi Graham,
You're right; you can now remove your "remove file record" node, this is exactly the purpose of "forget missing files" , FFAStrans will synchronize the files history to the actual files. To sum up, be sure to remove your source file (otherwise there is a risk of a loop) and that's all, you will be able to process again the same file name.
Cheers.

B.
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

momocampo wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:37 pm be sure to remove your source file (otherwise there is a risk of a loop) and that's all
this is not "mandatory". You can remove the source if you wish, if not it's ok too. But you must remove the source file and wait for 1 sleep period before the same filename can be processed again.
Forget missing is standard in all of my workflows, i don't know a case where i would like to remember forever which filenames have been processed.
emcodem, wrapping since 2009 you got the rhyme?
graham728

Post by graham728 »

Thanks - I have a delete source file node at the end of the workflow, so the file(s) will not be stuck in a loop.

I'll remove the custom delete cache node - thanks for confirming!