Deciding and rewrapping workflow

Questions and answers on how to get the most out of FFAStrans
janciev

Deciding and rewrapping workflow

Post by janciev »

Hi guys,

this is my first post but I am following you for some time now, great piece of software you have here!
However I have trouble setting up the parameters for my desired behaviour which is:

1. Pick only Hi-Res OPAtoms from a folder which contains both Hi and Low-Res
2. Rewrap Hi-Res OPAtoms to OP1a and deliver

No matter what conditions I set I cannot get consistent result and with rewrapping I don't know where to even start. Was anybody doing the same/similar stuff and would be willing to help?

Thank you so much,
Igor
momocampo

Re: Deciding and rewrapping workflow

Post by momocampo »

Hello Janciev and welcome here !
I think your workflow is quite complicated because atom video files are separated than audio files. So you have to assemble them first.
Then, transcode files to op1a.
More I don't think you can rewrap opatom files to op1a. You have to transcode these into op1a.
tell me more about your files and where this files came from ?
Thanks and cheers ;)
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

Hey Janciev, Benjamin :-)

Basically i don't see a problem wrapping OPAtom to OP1a.
But what i see is that you describe 2 different problems:
1) how to distinguish between highres and lowres files
2) how to find the matching audios to the highres video files

for 1) Benjamin already asked for more input. Is there maybe something in the filename that we can use to distinguish Lowres from Highres?
for 2) how does your highres video file name map to the corresponding audios (or are the audios in separate folders)

also for 2) if you have audios and videos in the same folder and videos are named ..._v1.mxf and audios ..._a1.mxf and ..._a2.mxf you could do something like that:
Your workflow always starts with a video file as source file. From there, you use a populate variables processor to calculate your audio filenames. E.g. if you have always 2 audios:
ffas_vars1.png
ffas_vars1.png (12.91 KiB) Viewed 10233 times
When you know the audio filenames, you can use a commandline processor and bmxtranswrap to wrap into op1a:

Commandline Processor:

Code: Select all

cmd /C ""%s_ffastrans_dir%\Processors\mxf_tools\bmxtranswrap.exe" -t op1a -o "%s_source%_op1a.mxf" "%s_source%" "%s_audio1%" "%s_audio1%""
Above command actually works, it will craete an op1a file wherever your input video file resides named _op1a.mxf
emcodem, wrapping since 2009 you got the rhyme?
janciev

Post by janciev »

Hey guys, great to have such a vibrant community!!! Sorry for not replying earlier, a bit busy here!

Thank you for your inputs.

So far I'm testing distinguishing Hi from Low-res and I'm seeing a progres - I just limited the bitrate values with a conditional and so far - so good.
Now I will have to figure the transwrapping process - will try renaming the audio files and will report back.

Thank you again,
Igor
janciev

Post by janciev »

Hi guys,

I'm still having trouble renaming/passing through the files. Would anyone be able to help where to start? The only constant in the file names is that before V01 and A01, A02 etc. I have 9 characters. The screenshot below is the original file structure, however I managed to have just one resolution instance in a folder which I want. How can I pass the files to transwrapping node? :?

Thanks again,
Igor
Attachments
folder_structure.PNG
folder_structure.PNG (12.91 KiB) Viewed 10189 times
ThomasM
Site Admin

Post by ThomasM »

Hi,

Try $regext() with regular expression for filtering filenames.

Maybe it is a solution to put v / a1 / a2 in a seperate folder for each preceding individual filename.

Then a ffastrans workflow for combining v /a1/a2. This could be done with a command-node.

Just my two cents... 😃

Regards, Tom
ThomasM
Site Admin

Post by ThomasM »

... Also take in consideration using ffprobe for deciding which resolution to use. 😇
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

Hey!
my first thought would be using regex as well but looking at the picture it does not seem like you can easily use the video filename to find the corresponding audios.

Is there one .aaf file per clip you want to rewrap or is the aaf file describing some more complex timeline or so? We can possibly go with the aaf as source file.
Could you share 2 small complete examples, audio and video? ...it can be like 10 frames long, just needs to be a valid clip.

cheers,
emcodem
Ghtais

Post by Ghtais »

emcodem wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:40 pm Is there one .aaf file per clip you want to rewrap or is the aaf file describing some more complex timeline or so? We can possibly go with the aaf as source file.
Hi emcodem

You mean that there is a way to input AAF file in FFAsttans ?
If so I would be very interested to know more about that. (And I'am sur that all AVID user would be very interested to)

Bye
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

Hey Ghatis,

from my understanding it should be possible for me to provide a way to read the source Clip Locations from the aaf. But as i never got any examples, i cannot tell by now...

cheers,
emcodem