Issue with watermark and videolayer

Here you can submit bugreports
momocampo

Issue with watermark and videolayer

Post by momocampo »

Hello friends,

Well, Since 2 days I try to encode a file with a watermark. I really think there is a bug maybe with avisynth node or decoder node.It's audio which has an issue.
So, my workflow is quiet complicated but I simplify it and I have always the issue.
Here it is :
Monitor Folder>AV/media decoder>watermark (I use a timecode incrust node for the example)>Avid DnxHD encoder>delivery. Source file is DnxHD 120i with stereo audio tracks.

1- Submit file works until the end and the file plays well with VLC. But when I import the file into Avid Media Composer there is a crash and an error message about audio. Same thing if I choose XDCAM encoder node.
2- If I replace (with ffmpeg script)the audio channels AFTER the FFastrans transcode > No issue (Avid Media composer import without problem).
3- If I just do an workflow Monitor Folder>DnxHD encoder node> Delivery = All is ok in Avid.

I join my simple workflow but this is the simplified one.
How could you check that Steinar? I think you don't work with Avid.

Thank you very much.
Cheers.

Benjamin

PS: Maybe the possibility to encode only video could be useful in future release?
Attachments
test.xml
(8.23 KiB) Downloaded 359 times
momocampo

Re: Issue with watermark and videolayer

Post by momocampo »

hello all,

Well, I found the problem :
Source file is 2 channels stereo > decoder >layer> encoder (DNxHD 120i with same as source audio tracks)>delivery
With same as source audio into encoder, FFastrans create one track with 32 channels audio. I had to specify not "same as source audio" but force 1 track with 2 channels and it works. Had to know it :D
So beware if you use decoder ;)

Cheers.

Benjamin
admin
Site Admin

Re: Issue with watermark and videolayer

Post by admin »

Yes, the "A/V Media" decoder always outputs 32 channels of audio regardless of the channel count in the original file. This will be addessed in the next major version.

-steinar