Webinterface

Questions and answers on how to get the most out of FFAStrans
Silicon

Re: Webinterface

Post by Silicon »

Thanks a lot. I'll consider the upgrade to more recent version of WS :-)
BR,
Silicon
--------
FFAStrans 1.3.0.2; WebInterface 1.3.0.0
Manager: VM: 2x Xeon E5-2630v3@2.4GHz, 8GB RAM
Workers: 3x HP DL360 G9 (2x Xeon E5-2643v3@3.4GHz,16GB RAM, nVidia M2000)+ 2x Lenovo SR665 (2x AMD EPYC730216C@3.0GHz,128GB RAM, nVidia P2200)
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

@Silicon so i did some testing but it was not exactly easy to get the older mongodb running at all.

But after all i got it working without any change to webinterface. Here is what i did:

1) Go to https://www.mongodb.com/try/download/community -hit the "Select package" btn and download 4.0.28 -- 64-bit -- zip (after download, the zip file is called mongodb-win32-x86_64-2008plus-ssl-4.0.28)
2) extract mongod.exe from the package into the webinterface/database directory. If mongodb.exe exists in this folder, webint will use this version instead of extracting the internally packed version into windows/temp folder.
3) make sure the webinterface/database/job_db folder is empty
4) start webint

Sidenote, maybe you do not need to do this: On my 2012 test machine mongodb was starting by default but i got an error popup "Windows - No Disk" unexpected parameters. To get it finally running, i needed to modify this registry key (force windows messagebox errors into system log instead of showing popup)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Window\ErrorMode = 2

You know, i cannot really deliver the old mongodb version with webint because it misses security updates but it would be cool if you can test this procedure and confirm if it works for you on server 2012 so we do at least have a way to still support 2012 if needed.
emcodem, wrapping since 2009 you got the rhyme?
Silicon

Post by Silicon »

Hi @emcodem
By using the older mongodb.exe version 4.0.28 the Webinterface has started successfully.
However, it does not display the "running jobs rows" in the upper section named "Running", while the Status monitor displays them normally at the same moment.
See screenshots attached.

Thank you for your help
Attachments
Status Monitor displaying running jobs normally.png
Status Monitor displaying running jobs normally.png (32.47 KiB) Viewed 2470 times
WebInterface NOT displaying running jobs.png
WebInterface NOT displaying running jobs.png (75.85 KiB) Viewed 2470 times
BR,
Silicon
--------
Workers: 3x HP DL360 G9 (2x Xeon E5-2643v3@3.4GHz,16GB RAM, nVidia M2000)+ 2x Lenovo SR665 (2x AMD EPYC730216C@3.0GHz,128GB RAM, nVidia P2200)
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

@Silicon thanks for confirming that the older mongodb works. It does not seem to work completely tough because see the job counters are all zero even if you have at least on history job already.

The display for running jobs is not related to the database in any way.
Maybe you can send me the webinterface log?
Silicon

Post by Silicon »

Hi @emcodem
I've sent webint.log via PM.
BR,
BR,
Silicon
--------
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

@Silicon you sure? I didnt get any PM...
Stef

Post by Stef »

Hi there

A littte side question: I've upgraded to the latest version of the webinterface, but row colors don't seem to appear. The option is enabled in View Options, but the history does not show them. The Save button in View Options doesn't seem to do anything either. It looks like the option is not applied for some reason.

This happens in both Chrome(ium) and Firefox.
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

Hey @Stef

thanks for the problem report, i'll fix that soon. @momocampo how come you did not notice that? ;-)
artjuice

Post by artjuice »

emcodem wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 6:55 am OK so if its for monitoring only, try this solution. I have foreseen a way to actually feed webinterface job viewer from external sources, e.g. i use it to display jobs from some other transcoder at work.
How it works is that you "just" write your own "jobfetcher.js" file and place it in a special location:

Code: Select all

c:\PATH_TO\webinterface\alternate-server\jobfetcher.js
If this file exists, webint will use it for the periodic jobfetching.

I prepared a jobfetcher.js for showcase for you, it is able to pull jobs from multiple ffastrans hosts.

jobfetcher.js.txt

NOTE this is for webinterface 1.3.9 only (and below probably), the next webint version has huge internal changes regarding jobfetching and internal database. But if you go with it, it will be very easy for me to prepare a matching jobfetcher.js for the new webint version too.
Hello @emcodem,

As you said - jobfetcher.js don't work with a new webinterface 1.4.0+
Can you pls update it for a new version?

Also is there are any way to hide out "Browser tab" on "Submit Jobs" page? ADMIN -> WebUI -> Enable File Uploads -> Disable don't work (if it for hide out that tab).
I tried to do it by editing css style, but can't find correct div id \ class.

Also is it possible to send file (%s_source%) from WebUI through "HTTP communicate" node to Slack \ Telegram? Or only by triggering some external scripts for this?

Thx!
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

artjuice wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:11 pm As you said - jobfetcher.js don't work with a new webinterface 1.4.0+
Can you pls update it for a new version?
Yes but could take some time :(
artjuice wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:11 pm Also is there are any way to hide out "Browser tab" on "Submit Jobs" page? ADMIN -> WebUI -> Enable File Uploads -> Disable don't work (if it for hide out that tab).
I tried to do it by editing css style, but can't find correct div id \ class.
So you want to hide browse tab and only show upload? This or that way, the FILTER_JOBSTATUS_BUTTONS has been supercharged and it cannot only be used on jobstatus page but also on job submit page now to filter buttons.
If you want to show everything but browse, you'd need to use a "negative regex" because the filter is an "include filter" instead of "exclude":

^(?!.*browse).*$
Or for example show everything but these 3 elements:

^(?!.*browse|add|delete).*$
Or the other way around using include instead of exclude filters:

upload|workflow|job_setup
Workflow and job setup tab are not quite self explainatory, one has to know the actual "ids" of the elements, i need to make some documentation on that filtering part.
artjuice wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:11 pm Also is it possible to send file (%s_source%) from WebUI through "HTTP communicate" node to Slack \ Telegram? Or only by triggering some external scripts for this?
You have to start a ffastrans job for this and the job does the needed work. Slack upload looks pretty simple even, looks like you can use a commandline proc and curl.exe for it: https://api.slack.com/methods/files.upload but the Slack API might be a paywalled feature?