artjuice

Re: Webinterface

Post by artjuice »

emcodem wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:21 pm Yes but could take some time :(
Thx it will be great!
emcodem wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:21 pm

Code: Select all

^(?!.*browse).*$
Thx, it's work almost perfect, except visual style - free space after hiding out "Browser" tab
2024-02-07_Firefox-002022.png
2024-02-07_Firefox-002022.png (99.93 KiB) Viewed 1134 times
emcodem wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:21 pm You have to start a ffastrans job for this and the job does the needed work. Slack upload looks pretty simple even, looks like you can use a commandline proc and curl.exe for it: https://api.slack.com/methods/files.upload but the Slack API might be a paywalled feature?
curl work perfect! Thx!)
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

@artjuice you see this view when your filter hides both, the browse and the upload tab. Or maybe when you hide the upload tab and you disabled uploads in system configuration.
What is your goal, show only upload tab but hide browse tab or something different?
emcodem, wrapping since 2009 you got the rhyme?
artjuice

Post by artjuice »

emcodem wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:24 pm @artjuice you see this view when your filter hides both, the browse and the upload tab. Or maybe when you hide the upload tab and you disabled uploads in system configuration.
Yes, when filter both:

^(?!.*browse|upload).*$
Also i try to filter only "browse" and disable "upload" from WebUI Settings but there is no difference

My goal is to hide both "browser & upload" tabs from users and stretch tabs with "Add | Delete | Workflows | Job Setup" to full page size, and filter some Workflows (it's work) too for special user group.
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

@artjuice
OK i did not foresee that usecase. The add button is like an unloved stepchild, mostly there for testing :D
However, there is one mode that "folds" the left side to 0%:

Try this:
http://localhost:3002/webinterface/comp ... e\test.mxf

What it will do is to add the file from the url automatically in the file list so the user only needs to select the workflow.
In this case it is foreseen that the browser is opened either from windows explorer rightclick context menu or from a link that was generated in a 3rdparty software (e.g. steinars MAM system generates these links), or even from a browser plugin called addtoany for submitting youtube and similar links.
Does one of the above workflows fit to you or do you really want the users to manually enter the path after clicking the "Add" button?

Just ask if you want, i can provide better description for the workflow of your choice if needed. You can also pre-select workflow and start processor via url parameters, we really need to write some docs on that part...
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

@artjuice i added the functionality now to hide the left side if user has no permission to browse or upload, stay tuned for next release
knk

Post by knk »

Hi @emcodem!
Quick question: web browser gets very slow whenever I lose internet access. Everything still works but its takes around ~20sec to change, for example, from jobs monitor page to job submitter. Is there a particular reason/dependency for this or any way I can avoid this slowness?
Thanks!
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

Hi @knk , always a pleasure to hear from you!
Actually it is definitely a supported feature to work without internet but it works just normal in my testing. You sure it is about just loosing internet connection or did you more like activate a firewall that "drops" requests to the internet instead of rejecting them?

Anyway, so there should be only a single dependency in webint that connects to the internet at all, it is google analytics (for reporting anonymous usage statistics). I should add a setting to turn this one off completely but unfortunately currently you can't do that. What you can try is to alter c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts and add a new line like this:

127.0.0.1 www.googletagmanager.com
You might need to copy the file first to desktop, then alter it and after that move the file back to /etc folder.
But be aware, you would need to do that actually on the Client side, not on webinterface server side.
knk

Post by knk »

Hey @emcodem, thanks for the reply!

Firewall-wise, either denying or dropping internet access from clients seems to make no difference...

I've added the local IP to the host file when searching for that "www.googletagmanager.com" and this helped a lot accessing the "Job Status" and the "Scheduler". These pages now load immediately, making no difference the client having or not internet access.

As for the "Submit Jobs", it's faster but still a bit slower than when clients have internet connection, taking around 5 to 10 sec. Before this addition to the host file it took around 15/20sec...

Thanks again for your help!
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

@knk crap, i forgot to localize some font file, you can try if it works to rdirect fonts.googleapis.com and fonts.gstatic.com to the127.0.0.1 loopback in the hosts file.
I'll take care about it on my side.
knk

Post by knk »

Hi @emcodem
Well, that solved it!
Thanks again for your patience and effort coming back to this subject.
Best regards!