Webinterface

Questions and answers on how to get the most out of FFAStrans
emcodem

Re: Webinterface

Post by emcodem »

@taurojo
Hm this is not an environment related thing actually, if you imported my workflow and left the variable description of %s_webui_checkbox% unchanged, it must show as checkbox. You can re-check if the variable description of %s_webui_checkbox% is this:

Code: Select all

{"type":"checkbox", "label": "Checkbox Example", "checked": true}
Also, you can export and send me your workflow so i can investigate.
emcodem, wrapping since 2009 you got the rhyme?
taurojo

Post by taurojo »

This works.. thanks.

I understand that you have an older version of WebTransfer. It's great to hear that the solution I provided worked for you. If you have any more questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask.
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

@taurojo your last sentences re very confusing, was your account hacked or so?
artjuice

Post by artjuice »

Hello emcodem,

How merge couple standalone clients(ffastrans server) in one webinterface?
All clients work as service and in one vlan.

As a farm i see all clients, but if they standalone i see only one.
Is there any way to work with 2+ standalone ffastrans servers at one webinterface?
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

Hey @artjuice

it should be pretty simple for me to send you something that collects jobs from multiple systems instead of one only. But the functionality would be limited to view running and history job list only. Logs will not work, as well as job submit, scheduler and any other function than viewing running and history jobs.
Usually i'd recommend to run one webint per installation and if needed you could easily create a view that shows all status monitors at once, e.g using some chrome Split Screen Layouts plugin or a simple custom html page...

Whats your goal with this - just monitoring?

Simple html page or split screen could look like this:

4.jpg
4.jpg (602.78 KiB) Viewed 4366 times
artjuice

Post by artjuice »

emcodem wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 7:44 pm Whats your goal with this - just monitoring?
@emcodem
yep, i need only monitoring jobs for all standalone servers from one webint, for watch jobs status and see on what serv it. For job manage i will use FFAStrans.exe -passive.
Currently, webint is only used to monitor and find files and view their status in history.

Thx for idie with custom html. I used some sort of it in past for monitoring streams ^_^

thx!
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

@artjuice

OK so if its for monitoring only, try this solution. I have foreseen a way to actually feed webinterface job viewer from external sources, e.g. i use it to display jobs from some other transcoder at work.
How it works is that you "just" write your own "jobfetcher.js" file and place it in a special location:

c:\PATH_TO\webinterface\alternate-server\jobfetcher.js
If this file exists, webint will use it for the periodic jobfetching.

I prepared a jobfetcher.js for showcase for you, it is able to pull jobs from multiple ffastrans hosts.
jobfetcher.js.txt
(21.98 KiB) Downloaded 136 times
So instructions are:
-) download this file and rename to jobfetcher.js
-) create folder /alternate-server in webinterface root (next to server.exe) and place new jobfetcher.js there
-) open jobfetcher.js in a text editor and change line 12 to your needs (edit HOSTS array)
-) restart webinterface, it should now pull active and history jobs from all hosts that you specified in the HOSTS array

NOTE this is for webinterface 1.3.9 only (and below probably), the next webint version has huge internal changes regarding jobfetching and internal database. But if you go with it, it will be very easy for me to prepare a matching jobfetcher.js for the new webint version too.

Another trick in this direction is that you can override all inbuilt css (e.g. hide any element) when you place override.css in alternate-server/css folder. For example, i use this css override in my installation where i show jobs from external encoders, it should hide all UI elements that do not work/make sense when used with jobfetching from 3rdparty system:

File: /webinterface/alternate-server/css/override.css

.ffastransheadertext{
	display:none !important;
}

button[name=b_delsel] {
	display:unset;
}

.context-menu-list,.btn, .div_incoming_jobs,.helmet,.brand_image{
	display:none;
}

#GROUPRIGHT_MENU_VIEW_SUBMIT_JOBS, #GROUPRIGHT_MENU_VIEW_FARM_ADMIN, #GROUPRIGHT_MENU_VIEW_SCHEDULER{
	display:none !important;

}

.div_active_jobs{
	margin-left:450px !important
}
Railio

Post by Railio »

Hello,
I am very sorry to bother you guys with this, I am sure the answer is probably a very simple one, but I can't see to find it!

I can't add our network drive to the Webinterface locations.
I am trying all sorts of UNC path names, but I always get errors.
The unit is a Synology RS1221RpPlus, the drive name is "Shared Folder".

I tried:

\\\\RS1221RpPlus\Shared Folder\
\\\\RS1221RpPlus\share\Shared Folder\
\\\\RS1221RpPlus\Shared%20Folder\
\\\\RS1221RpPlus\Shared /Folder\

all the above with the IP address instead of RS1221RpPlus
all the above with the mapped letter of the drive on the machine

but no luck!
error1.png
error1.png (8.28 KiB) Viewed 3805 times
error2.png
error2.png (6.18 KiB) Viewed 3805 times
I am using the software as an application on a single machine. And, I am clearly no expert at all using UNC paths (no need to explain that, I guess!)

Any suggestion would be much appreciated!
Thanks!
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

Railio wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:52 am as an application on a single machine.
Ok so for UNC experiments, we usually just use windows explorer for testing.
if you can open this EXACT PATH
\\RS1221RpPlus\Shared\Folder\
In windows explorer and it does not ask you popup for username and password then you can go on

Correct path for webint is simple: every backslash becomes 2, e. G. As seen in your screenshot

\\\\RS1221RpPlus\\Shared\\Folder\\

Now, if you really run as application e. G. You start sever.exe by doubleclick and not as service it must work.
If you run as service, you need to open services and configure username and password for ffastrans webint service.

Btw, in the next webint version this gets a lot easier, no more double backslash and comma seprated stuff :D
Railio

Post by Railio »

Thank you,
I'll work on it!
and looking forward the new version!