Webinterface

Questions and answers on how to get the most out of FFAStrans
emcodem

Re: Webinterface

Post by emcodem »

Hey @Ben,

sorry for the delay, i didnt seee your message immediately.
Thats bad, i fixed some stupid issue with resubmit but cancel issue is new to me.
Are you able to catch request "payload" and response using browser debug tools (F12)?
You'd need to open F12, to to "network" tab, then submit a job and cancel it. on the bottom of network calls, you should see one with the jobid, select it and see like in screenshot the request payload and also probably the response.
devtools.png
devtools.png (38.95 KiB) Viewed 5097 times
emcodem, wrapping since 2009 you got the rhyme?
Ben

Post by Ben »

Thanks for taking a look. Attached is the screenshot as well as .har export of the debug log. Seems the PUT is encountering a 405 error.
Attachments
FFAStrans Debug Tool export.zip
(2.48 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
FFAStrans Web error API.jpg
FFAStrans Web error API.jpg (66.38 KiB) Viewed 5080 times
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

Thats great @Ben, thanks a lot. I see that issue has already been fixed too in the latest source code.
Sorry for the inconvenience, hope it is not a too big issue for you.
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

Also, a clarification question @Ben:
Make the log-in page mobile responsive (in case I need to check running jobs quickly on the go).
It is not 100% clear to me what you mean, responsive can mean a lot different stuff. As we only have 3 inputs vertically stacked, we dont need to move stuff around and the placement is top left, means you should always see the userinputs. So i wonder what you mean? Is it like you expect the input fields to be larger on smaller resolutions?
Ben

Post by Ben »

Hey @emcodem Ok that's great, I'll look forward to the next release of FFAStrans with the fix.
emcodem wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:44 am Is it like you expect the input fields to be larger on smaller resolutions?
Yes I meant mobile responsive. So have the inputs bigger and centred for small displays. On my phone I found I had to pinch and zoom in to have the fields large enough for me to easily select the username field.
Attachments
web interface.png
web interface.png (7.26 KiB) Viewed 5048 times
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

@Ben Interesting, i never played with

Code: Select all

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1">
It seems to do the trick, i like it!
Glad that you asked for this
Ben

Post by Ben »

That's great that it's an easy thing to add. The entire webinterface isn't particularly great on mobile, but it's good enough to at least look at running jobs if need be, which is nice. Maybe some other areas of the webinterface could easily be improved for mobile viewing. But like you said, probably plenty of other features that are more important for the time being.
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

@Ben new release 1.3.9 is out, all download links should have been updated. You can now use the previously proposed way in scheduled job to access the details of the selected workflow.

https://github.com/emcodem/ffastrans_we ... .3.9.0.zip
Silicon

Post by Silicon »

Hi @emcodem
I have downloaded new release of WebInt, installed on the test environment. I'm looking for Preview Player in Job Submit page but I'dont see it :-(
Attachments
WebInt 1.3.9.PNG
WebInt 1.3.9.PNG (96.86 KiB) Viewed 4906 times
BR,
Silicon
--------
FFAStrans 1.3.0.2; WebInterface 1.3.0.0
Manager: VM: 2x Xeon E5-2630v3@2.4GHz, 8GB RAM
Workers: 3x HP DL360 G9 (2x Xeon E5-2643v3@3.4GHz,16GB RAM, nVidia M2000)+ 2x Lenovo SR665 (2x AMD EPYC730216C@3.0GHz,128GB RAM, nVidia P2200)
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

Hey @Silicon

it is because i am stupid, please just delete the alternate-server folder in webinterface root. I'll update the download now as well.