Watch folder did not pick up jobs

Questions and answers on how to get the most out of FFAStrans
dinesh24

Watch folder did not pick up jobs

Post by dinesh24 »

Hello,

We have using transcoding farm of 5 server. each server has maximum job limit 10. Yesderday i had drop 49 file in watch folder only 37 fill get transcoded remaining files still in watchfoler. watchfolder did not pick up remaining 12 files. I need to drop approximately 50 files per day for transcoding. each file approximately 17 GB.

-Dinesh
admin
Site Admin

Re: Watch folder did not pick up jobs

Post by admin »

Well that's very unusual. Do you have any restrictions in your monitors that prohibit them from picking up certain files? Is this normal behavior or is it just this one time?

-steinar
dinesh24

Post by dinesh24 »

I don't have any restriction.. most pf case i face this issue...

Please find attached screen shot of monitor processor...

-Dinesh
Attachments
watchfolder.PNG
watchfolder.PNG (11.73 KiB) Viewed 10317 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

OK, can you try and turn off "Check growing files" and then see if it picks up all the files?

-steinar
dinesh24

Post by dinesh24 »

Basically we are using automation where file will copying to ffastrans watchfolder...file taking more time to copying in watchfolder. Even i observe ffastrans taking more time to pick up job..
-Dinesh
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Checking for growing files always takes more time than "normal" monitoring. FFAStrans wait one sleep cycle and checks if a file has grown since last cycle.
I really just need to know if unchecking "Check growing files" helps picking up all files. Normally, files being copied can't be opened until the copying is finished so in that regard checking growing files is probably not needed. But in the case you write f.ex. a MXF file from your NLE to a monitored folder, then checking growing files are normally needed.

-steinar
dinesh24

Post by dinesh24 »

Hello,

As you suggested i have uncheck the growing file option in FFAStrans even some file didn't pickup. we have drop 10 files in watchfolder 9 files would be pick up by FFAStrans. In future we will drop 100 to 150 file per day. Could you please suggest any alternative.

-Dinesh
dinesh24

Post by dinesh24 »

Could you someone please help on issue??

-Dinesh
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I'm sorry you have problems with FFAStrans not picking up files and I would really like to find the cause of this. Could you please zip the FFAStrans\Processors\.cache\wfs folder and send it to post@ffastrans.com? Don't post it on this forum. Also, just write the down full path of some files that HAS been picked up and some that has NOT been picked up.

Thanks!

-steinar
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Dinesh, thank you for submitting what I asked for. I think I know why you have problems and I suspect it's also related to your other problem reported here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=718

I have seen this issue before and there seems to be a problem that sometimes occurs when using a FFAStrans located on a SAN or NAS. I've seen it on a NAS. So, FFAStrans use a function that reads INI files and I believe that function to have some problems under certain conditions. I have yet to solve the problem but I'm working on it.

Thanks for helping me investigating this issue :-)

-steinar