RE: XDCAM-HD Video Standard Issue

Here you can submit bugreports
JohnB1

RE: XDCAM-HD Video Standard Issue

Post by JohnB1 »

Hi,

Before the 9.0.0 update, the XDCAM encoder shows what standard the video is e.g. PAL or Component on a software called MediaInfo.

Now after the update it doesn't tell me what the video standard is on MediaInfo, and it is vital for me to know what it is.

Please look into and see what the problem is.

Thanks.
admin
Site Admin

Re: RE: XDCAM-HD Video Standard Issue

Post by admin »

Hi JohnB1 and thanks for reporting! :-)

I've looked at it and there seem to be a change in ffmpeg going from 3.3.4 to 3.4 that's the cause of this. And I have not found why that is. The encoding parameters in FFAStrans 0.8.2 and 0.9.0 is almost identical and the changes has nothing to do with the missing video standard info. Can you please tell me why it's crucial for you to know this info? Maybe we can find at a workaround until I figure out what's going on.

-steinar
JohnB1

Post by JohnB1 »

Hi Steinar,

After the video is encoded by XDCAM-HD, the video goes through a house format check. Every time I have tried to do this check it says Error: Video format. I used MediaInfo to show me the details of the video and found out that it doesn't show the video standard.

Also, I have used custom FFMPEG for a different video format, but when I used that workflow, the video standard is stated on MediaInfo application.

Please see if there is a way to get this to work for XDCAM-HD.

Thanks.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I have found the cause of the bug and will be addressed for the next release. Thanks for reporting! :-)

-steinar