Here you can submit bugreports
sammyz

Lost ownership to workflow?

Post by sammyz »

I did nothing to the workflow but the following:
1)Created a workflow with a single computer
2)Opened the program from the same network directory on 2 additional computers
3)Edited the workflow with the same computer I created the workflow with
4)Around 30 minutes later I opened the program again on a 4th computer.

4th Computer was unable to read workflow but could still show status over network and that's when I found this:

And after seeing that, I tried to export the workflow with any of the 3 original computers that had it opened but each one gave the same error and force closed. I do not have a copy of the error at this time. No permissions were changed by me and I am the administrator over the network. I will try to recreate this, but I am really hoping it just works this time and doesn't happen again. This is the 3rd time I've had to create a new workflow ughhh
sammyz

Re: Lost ownership to workflow?

Post by sammyz »

Here's the error:
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for the report. It seems the error is related to user variables. Did you create user variable(s)?

-steinar
sammyz

Post by sammyz »

No I didn't at all. I only used a variable here:

and here:

sammyz

Post by sammyz »

and here:

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It was related to user variables but it was the LACK of user variables that caused FFAStrans to crash when exporting a workflow. U see, the new version export user variables on workflow export but it obviously had a bug, which is now fixed. Thanks again for reporting! :-)

I'm not sure about the ownership issue though. I've never seen it before so I have to look into that.

-steinar
sammyz

Post by sammyz »

It might have been a issue with the network drive when sharing the cache to network storage AND localizing files (which I now see is a very bad idea because it localizes to cache). I think all of my bandwidth was being used causing things to crash just from lack of bandwidth over the network. I have a lot of computers all using a 1Gbps network, but obviously a hard drive can only go as fast as around 150Mb/s so my bandwidth is limited to around 150MB/s since I am not using a RAID, I wish I was.