Rendering multiple resolutions at the same time

Questions and answers on how to get the most out of FFAStrans
movalex

Rendering multiple resolutions at the same time

Post by movalex »

Hey, I'm currently looking for a way to convert a single input into multiple bitrate and size mp4 files.
I used to have a single master converter and then two more that are chained after it. Now I look for a more optimized solution.

I.e.: If I have the source file has fields, I stick to the old workflow.
But if I don't need to preprocess/deinterlace it, I need to convert all three files simultaneously, so the whole thing would be a bit faster. But branching three outputs from a node sometimes lead to one of the outputs did not render for some reason. Sometimes it goes well, but sometimes I get this error: "Cannot parse media file. Might be corrupt. Please do a manual file check".

Most probably I just do it wrong. Do you have a workflow example for simultaneous rendering so I could grab the logic from there?

My current workflow loos like this:

First conditional is to check for the interlacing.
emcodem

Re: Rendering multiple resolutions at the same time

Post by emcodem »

Hi movalex,

if i understand correctly, you fail to just do 3 encodings paralell within the ffastrans workflow?
What i would do is to bring together your "deinterlace" and "non deint" paths into one (e.g. connect both to the input of an empty populate vars processor). Then you insert 3 encoding processors and you connect your empty populate proc to the 3 encoders in paralell. No additional A/V decoder and resize filter needed as we see in your workflow, the Encoding processors can do the scaling and everything else you should need.

Code: Select all

/ Encode \
condition -------------------------- Populate- Encode - Deliver
          \ A/V + and Deinterlace  /         \ Encode /
Instead of the populate you can also use hold
emcodem, wrapping since 2009 you got the rhyme?
movalex

Post by movalex »

Oh right, this should work, I will try that. Thanks!
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

Perfect, please let us know about your progress! :D
emcodem, wrapping since 2009 you got the rhyme?