SSHFS mount on Wnidows - access is denied

Here you can submit bugreports
veks

SSHFS mount on Wnidows - access is denied

Post by veks »

Hi all!
I'm trying to deliver via FFAStrans node an encoded video file using SSHFS.
I've tried two types of deliveries:
1. Q:\ mapped SSHFS remote drive
2. full UNC path \\sshfs\user@ipaddress\OPERATER\VOD

via both deliveries I get an "error code 5, access denied"

When I try to manually copy the file via CMD or Win Explorer it works fine.

Any idea or solution for this?

Thanks!
admin
Site Admin

Re: SSHFS mount on Wnidows - access is denied

Post by admin »

HI veks,

If you're running ffastrans as service make sure the service user has access to the location. Cause "error code 5, access denied" is what it is...it's windows telling you the user don't have access. This is a Windows message forwarded by FFAStrans. Any remote location mapped to drive letter or UNC should work in FFAStrans if it works in Windows.

-steinar
FranceBB

Post by FranceBB »

afaik SSHFS is just a virtual disk mounted on Windows that accesses a remote SFTP.
Are you sure you're running FFAStrans with the same user on which you're mounting this fake disk?
Also, if it actually is an SFTP the one you're trying to deliver the files to, please let me know and I'll send you some example workflows on how to do that properly and reliably from within the FFAStrans command executor using pscp (a command line utility).
I've been publishing tons of clips for months and it always worked, even with big clips, given that if the connection stops, it resumes where it left ;)
veks

Post by veks »

FranceBB wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:54 pm afaik SSHFS is just a virtual disk mounted on Windows that accesses a remote SFTP.
Are you sure you're running FFAStrans with the same user on which you're mounting this fake disk?
Also, if it actually is an SFTP the one you're trying to deliver the files to, please let me know and I'll send you some example workflows on how to do that properly and reliably from within the FFAStrans command executor using pscp (a command line utility).
I've been publishing tons of clips for months and it always worked, even with big clips, given that if the connection stops, it resumes where it left ;)
Thanks a lot!
Yes, it might be that some permissions are being problem here, I'd try to resolve this and let you know.
I've also tried using win sshfs manager and in it using the cmd param UID with 65792 (Everyone) and now I'm getting "The system cannot find the path specified" only in FFAStrans...

It would be awesome if you could send me some examples of your workflows. As we're still looking for the best solution. SSHFS seemed as the best option because of the workflow we have right now where we're using mounted drives that are remote via Internet.
FranceBB

Post by FranceBB »

No problem.
Workflow in attachment.
I obviously replaced my real credentials with "username" "password" "hostname":

Code: Select all

%comspec% /c ""%s_ffastrans_dir%\Processors\resources\pscp.exe" -l username -pw password -unsafe -v "%s_source%" hostname:"
Shift C-Ent Original 4x5.json
(8.29 KiB) Downloaded 44 times
pscp can be downloaded from here: Link
documentation: Link