File to finish writing

Use this forum to request features. Maybe you'll get lucky!
luzimarsorgi

File to finish writing

Post by luzimarsorgi »

First, tanks for your help.
Hello everyone, I'm trying to find out how to make a process that ffastrans waits for the file to finish writing to start transferring.
Could someone help me please?
emcodem

Re: File to finish writing

Post by emcodem »

Hey my dear, good to read from you again!

I assume it is about the Monitor Folder processor. Did you try bottom right "Check growing" option (set to "once")?
emcodem, wrapping since 2009 you got the rhyme?
momocampo

Post by momocampo »

Hello Luzimarsorgi,

Like Emcodem said, try the "check growing" option in the monitor folder and to complete his answer, here is the manual description for this option:

"The speed of the cycle is defined by the sleep timer setting in the workflow properties.
once: This option will make FFAStrans wait to see if incoming files are still growing. If FFAStrans do not detect any growth since last cycle, the file is considered finished and ready for processing.
continuously: This option will make FFAStrans execute new job every time the file(s) have changed file size. This comes in handy when looking for constantly updated files that need to be processed for each update."

Hope it helps.

Cheers ;)
luzimarsorgi

Post by luzimarsorgi »

ok thanks, i tried continuously and it didn't work, i'll try once. you are the best. thank you very much!
luzimarsorgi

Post by luzimarsorgi »

Hello friends, the option (Check growing" option (set to "once") did not work. Ffastrans starts transferring the file before stopping. Could someone tell me how to put a conditional to start at a specific time. This would solve the problem .
momocampo

Post by momocampo »

Hello Luzi,
Well, can you tell us how you set your "sleep timer" (right-click on workflow name and properties)?
Cause that would mean that your file isn't completly transfered even with another sleep timer cycle? Weird....
So please tell us your sleep timer.
And i pretty sure you can't use a conditional with a time inside, sorry.

cheers.
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

momocampo wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 3:31 pm And i pretty sure you can't use a conditional with a time inside, sorry.
Exactly, we don't have such functionality.
Try this:
https://ffastrans.com/frm/forum/viewtop ... t=10#p6609
luzimarsorgi

Post by luzimarsorgi »

Hi, thanks for replying. I've tried several configurations. I set sleep timer it to 120 maximum. The recording lasts about 5 hours, so it needs to start transfer after 5 hours.
luzimarsorgi

Post by luzimarsorgi »

The file is being recorded while the program is displayed in real-time live. Not a download file.
When I stop recording I need it to start transferring.
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

Yeah we definitely need to add the "write check" option to the folder monitor.
Until we have that, please try:

1) set sleep timer to high value as you already have
2) insert cmd processor with the write check script https://ffastrans.com/frm/forum/viewtop ... t=10#p6609
BUT, in the script, change the line sleep(5000) to exit(1)

3) after this cmd processor, connect another cmd processor but set to execute "on error" and delete the cache record like seen here https://ffastrans.com/frm/forum/viewtop ... cord#p4993

As a result, the file will be picked up every 2 hours but the job shall fail if the file is not writeable and as we delete the cache record, the file will be picked up in 2 hours again. Only if the file is writeable, the workflow will continue on success path.