Transfer from one folder to several

Use this forum to request features. Maybe you'll get lucky!
luzimarsorgi

Transfer from one folder to several

Post by luzimarsorgi »

Hello professionals. This is really excellent software. I would like to thank all possible help. I wanted to know how to make ffastrans monitor several files in a single folder and transfer each one to a specific folder Example: I have 5 files with different names, I need it to transfer to the specific folder of each file. Could someone help me? Thanks.
emcodem

Re: Transfer from one folder to several

Post by emcodem »

Hey luzimarsorgi,
well it depends a lot on the details. Basically you can use "conditional" processor and check if %s_original_name% = *pattern1* and move this file to folder 1. Now you repeat that 5 times and you are done.
So your workflow looks like: monitor -> 5x conditional -> 1 deliver after each conditional.
Checkbox "dispel" will hide the 4 non executed branches from the job status monitor.

You will need to tell us more about how your files are named and all other details that come to your mind to get more information.
emcodem, wrapping since 2009 you got the rhyme?
momocampo

Post by momocampo »

Hi Luzimarsorgi,
To complete Emcodem's answer, I could add if you are sure you have only 5 possibilities, you just have to create 4 conditionnal nodes cause if the first 4 possibilities failed, it will be for sure the last one so no need conditionnal :)
Anyway, as told Emcodem, please tell us more about what you want to do.
Cheers.
luzimarsorgi

Post by luzimarsorgi »

So, the files will be like this
SOURCE FOLDER CONTENTS FILES= OTW_XXXX
IMG_YYYY
PHT_KKKK

I want this files on respective folders
IMG_ TO FOLDER NAMED "IMAGES"
OTW_ TO FOLDER NAMED "WEB"
PHT_ TO FOLDER "PHOTOS"

I tried with this conditional if%s_source% is equal to(=),string IMG_ then

but it did not work.
Thank you for help.
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

try my example form above:
%s_original_name% = *pattern1*

which means for you:
%s_original_name% = *IMG_*

or if you really want to check the full source path as you wrote:
%s_source% = *IMG_*
emcodem, wrapping since 2009 you got the rhyme?
ThomasM
Site Admin

Post by ThomasM »

Hi luzimarsorgi !

Try this Workflow:
Tom-CopyToFolder-DepOnOrigName.json
(5.18 KiB) Downloaded 85 times
In the Source / Watchfolder-Node set your Source-Folder. If that contains subfolders which may be also contain Files of interest, select "recurse".

The first ConditionalNode compares the original Filename to the Pattern [IMG*]. If so, the DeliverNode will copy that file to the desired folder. Add the path of your destination in that Node.

The next ConditionalNode will only start, if the first conditional put out "false", so no IMG*. Note the red Field on the left side on that ConditionalNode. the red set the Node to "Execute On Error". Alter this by right-click on that field.

The last node is a SendEmail to notify you, that there are Files that cannot be processed as they do not match any given pattern.

Hope this helps...

cheers,
tom