"Command executor" to trigger "Execute on Error"

Questions and answers on how to get the most out of FFAStrans
Conniver

"Command executor" to trigger "Execute on Error"

Post by Conniver »

I have a custom h264 command through Command executor, and tried to get it to trigger a h264 node if it failed.
But it seems that a a failing command executor doesn't trigger "Execute on Error" on other nodes.

Any tips to get around this?
ThomasM
Site Admin

Re: "Command executor" to trigger "Execute on Error"

Post by ThomasM »

Hi Conniver,

strange behaviour. I checked it with a CommandExecutor-Node that MUST come to error and got a subsequent GenerateText-Node (set to Execute on error). Works fine here...

Do you have any other Branches after the Custom CommandExecutor-Node?

And as always: Test your Custom Scipts in the Console. If it works there, it will work in FFAStrans.

And alwys keep Paths quoted:

Code: Select all

"C:\PathToWatchfolder\Video\B-Roll\%s_original_name%.mov"
Conniver

Post by Conniver »

It might be that the node don't pass on the information that I expect to the h264 node.
I have attached the workflow.

My goal is to send footage that the custom ffmpeg command fails on to the built in h264 node.

Most of my footage works with this custom ffmpeg workflow, except DJI Mavic3 footage, and probably other cameras I have not tested yet.
Built in h264 node does not fail on Mavic 3 footage.
Attachments
Conniver_Workflow_on error.json
(13.67 KiB) Downloaded 47 times
Conniver

Post by Conniver »

Upon closer review of my error log, it seems it is working as intended.
The mp4 file was created on error, but with 0 bytes, making the h264 node fail, as the "file existed"

"Problem" solved.

Can the processor - h264 encoder overwrite files? -y fixes this, but that does not work in the custom field.
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

The inbuilt encoders can only write the files to the temporary job work dir, it is the deliver processor that has to be instructed to overwrite files. I guess in your case, the commandline ffmpeg generated the 0kb mp4, then the encode processor encoded into temporary location but then the deliver processor failed because the file exists.
If you don't already use it, i advise you to download the webinterface and use it to investigate failed jobs, everything should be much more clear then.
emcodem, wrapping since 2009 you got the rhyme?
Conniver

Post by Conniver »

Installed the webinterface earlier today. found my misstake, I was looking for an overwrite option in the h264 noder, when I should be looking in the "Deliveries" "Folder" node, checked overwrite, and all worked as intended.