Video quality processor

Questions and answers on how to get the most out of FFAStrans
kamilion

Video quality processor

Post by kamilion »

Hello!
I have a question regarding video quality processor. I would like to create watchfolder and use psnr to compare two pictures from separate folders. Bulding on the previous suggestions in another topics i prepare something like in attachement. I think that the problems could be connected with wrong source localization / interpretation or with "populate variables" node. Could someone please adjust it ?
Attachments
psnr.json
(4.86 KiB) Downloaded 46 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: Video quality processor

Post by admin »

Hi kamilion,

Your workflow will never work cause it's misdesigned.
You have two monitors; one monitoring "c:\Users\KKO\Desktop\vmaf\3\in\" and the other monitoring "c:\Users\KKO\Desktop\vmaf\3\ref\". But the two monitors don't work in pair as they have totally separate lives. So referring to %s_source% in both fields in the video quality node will only compare one file with itself. This means you will only need one of the monitors. So in order compare the picked up file (A) with another file (B) you need to know how those files relates to each other. Maybe they have the same file name but different extensions? Only you know this. So when you have figured that out you need to create a workflow that constructs the complete path of B from what you have in the picked up file A. Then you will use the constructed path stored in a user variable and use that as reference file in the video quality node.

In the attached example workflow I have made the assumption that the files being picked up will be compared with files in the "c:\Users\KKO\Desktop\vmaf\3\ref" which have the same base name but different extension. So I constructed the new file path and used that in the video quality node. Now, this will probably not work for you but it's to give you the idea of how it should be constructed.

PS: populating %s_source% with the result from the psnr analysis don't make much sense as %s_source% is used as input url for nodes.

Hope this helps.

-steinar
Attachments
psnr, example.json
(4.18 KiB) Downloaded 59 times