Youtube DL/DLP | Playlist

Questions and answers on how to get the most out of FFAStrans
taner

Youtube DL/DLP | Playlist

Post by taner »

Hi Admin Team,

Hope you are well.
One question concerning youtube dl/dlp (not sure which incarnation ffastrans is using).
As far as i can see downloading playlists is disabled by default.
Which is great!
Because in the past when it was not disabled by default i had trouble downloading a file because the playlist was consisting of thousands of files.
But.
Now i would like to download a playlist.
All files of a playlist.
Created a config file with the appropriate command.
It works in command line.
But not within ffastrans.
Regardless of using a config file or not i can see in the work folder that all files of a playlists are downloaded but only the first file will be processed.

Best
Taner

Edit:
I‘m using v1.3.0.2
Downloaded it today.
Didn‘t update youtube dl/dlp
emcodem

Re: Youtube DL/DLP | Playlist

Post by emcodem »

Hey taner,

the --no-playlist option is added automatically in the youtube decoder processor, without any option currently.
So at this point the only thing you could do is a commandline processor. Unfortunately in order to reflect the youtube-dl's proc behaviour, you'd also need to read the link file that has been dropped into the watchfolder and parse the link from it.

Let me know if you are interested in such a workaround.
emcodem, wrapping since 2009 you got the rhyme?
taner

Post by taner »

Hi emcodem,

Thanks for response.
Using command line executor to download all files of the playlist should be no problem.
Also grabbing the url via variables.
But how would i tell in a single workflow chain the next processor to convert all downloaded files?

Best
Taner
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

OK let me know if you need help with any of it.
Regarding the processing of all downloaded files, you could just download into another watchfolder. If you dont want to do that, you can e.g. use the plugin processor "files find" in combination with the Foreach processor. Foreach allows you to create a dynamic number of branches, all you have to do is to get the stuff that you want one branch for into a json array ["file1","file2"] (which the files find plugin proc does).
emcodem, wrapping since 2009 you got the rhyme?