Black appears at end after deinterlace

Here you can submit bugreports
emcodem

Re: Black appears at end after deinterlace

Post by emcodem »

Hi,
no worries i understood what you want but i need to know what kind of error you have in order to guide you.
The number of possible errors that you could have with interlacing is huge but one of the most common would be "wrongly flagged files". I must know if it is that or if your issue is something completely different, otherwise i don't know what to analyze before your desired IF-ELSE.

To be clear, you want an IF but the question is if <WHAT is WHAT>?

Here is an example workflow that analyzis the input files content and tries to find out the real interlacing, so it does not rely on the input file's metadata.
The analyzer will spit out not only the interlacing but also a confidence value. The thing is the older the content, the worse these confidence becomes. So there is no guaranteed way of getting out the real interlacing.
Anyway, so after analyzing, your IF condition is set to:
IF source content is top field AND confidence was > 90%, then the content will be encoded. The encoder node is set to assume Top Field, so again, it discards the input files metadata and just changes top to bottom field.

All other cases, e.g. the sources content was BFF or Progressive will be forwarded unmodified. This workflow assumes that input and output file are both DV. Be aware that without playing with confidence value and testing the workflow using lots of affected sources, the outcome picture could be horrible!
emcodem, wrapping since 2009 you got the rhyme?
agohain

Post by agohain »

emcodem wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:21 am Hey, thanks very much for the uploads, thats just perfect.
So from what i see, the problem is related to using mov container in output: there is more audio than video, also there is more audio than there was in the input file.
This problem seems to exist in ffmpeg since a very long time and i am not sure if this can/will be fixed anytime so i suggest a workaround for you
1: ignore the problem, quicktime for windows player is dead and most players will ignore the superfluous audio data OR:
2: In the encoder processor, set mxf as output wrapper format. This guarantees that there is exactly as much audio as there is video. After the encoder processor, insert commandline processor with this commandline:

Code: Select all

"%s_ffmpeg%" -i "%s_source%" -codec copy -y "C:\temp\%s_original_name%_delivered.mov"
You can change "c:\temp to your desired delivery location. also i added _delivered to the output filename, you can just delete that or replace by some other suffix.

Let me know your thoughts.

Sidenote: i am not sure if you need A/V decoder and deinterlacer in your workflow at all, the encoder processor should take care about input conversion automatically but you might know better why you do it like this.
Hello sir,
Hope you are doing well.
I need one more help from you.

"%s_ffmpeg%" -i "%s_source%" -codec copy -y "C:\temp\%s_original_name%_delivered.mov"
This code deliver the output file at one location. Can you please help me to modify the same command to deliver the output file at two locations simultaneously i.e. location 1 and location 2.
Please help.
momocampo

Post by momocampo »

Hello Agohain,
easy just do this :

"%s_ffmpeg%" -i "%s_source%" -codec copy -y "C:\temp\%s_original_name%_delivered.mov" -codec copy -y "C:\location2\%s_original_name%_delivered.mov"
It should be ok like that.