Hola, ayuda con tarjeta Panasonic P2

Questions and answers on how to get the most out of FFAStrans
Morty_

Hola, ayuda con tarjeta Panasonic P2

Post by Morty_ »

Hello, first of all I apologize for my English.
I need you to help me find a solution to a problem.

I have a P2 card and with the program I join the clips and the output is in a clip, so far everything is fine, everything works fine.
But I would like to put a name every time I do this, a name by hand for each project and I don't see the way..
I have put the executor command in between to see if it would remove the windows CMD and assign it a name here, but it does not work for me.

That's it, all I want is to give the project a name every time I pass a job.

I hope you understand me for my English and thank you very much.
Last edited by Morty_ on Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
emcodem

Re: Hola, ayuda con tarjeta Panasonic P2

Post by emcodem »

Hey Morty, great choice of name :D

Bienvenido al foro y gracias por usar ffastrans! And sorry for my bad spanish.

I changed your attached workflow and changed the password and IP address of your ftp server, you never know...

OK so what i understand is that you want to manually input a project name "while a job is already running" by opening some prompt in the active user session. You can only do this when ffastrans is NOT installed as a service but running on the same computer where you are sitting in front of. Check this out how to get a userinput into a variable (you will see the userinput value in the job monitor success window):
emcodem_variable_from_userinput.json
(3.43 KiB) Downloaded 55 times
The attached workflow writes a little powershell script into the current job working directory and then executes this powershell script using commandline processor.
1) the powershell script is always the same, i just use a write text file processor so the script is stored with the workflow instead of being a file on the filesystem (which can get deleted).
2) the commandline executor executes powershell, this opens a small window with textbox and when the user hits OK, the project name is printed to stdout. stdout is captured into a variable %s_project%
3) just for showing that it worked, i use a populate variables processor and set s_success to s_project, so you can see that the value you entered in the textbox is not stored in s_project.
4) you can just copy/paste those processors into your workflow and work with %s_project% e.g. in the ftp processor.

The question is what do you want to do with the project name? If you want it for the filename on FTP, you can insert the variable (in my workflow %s_project%) in the ftp processor as file prefix and check "drop original name"
emcodem, wrapping since 2009 you got the rhyme?
Morty_

Re: Hola, ayuda con tarjeta Panasonic P2

Post by Morty_ »

Hi again, thanks for replying.

If I want to put that name in the final file in the FTP.

I'm going to try your suggestions and thanks for spending time on this!
Thank you for the deal with whatever I will inform you.

All the best