Status Monitor stops reporting after 27590 assets

Here you can submit bugreports
adamb

Status Monitor stops reporting after 27590 assets

Post by adamb »

Hello,

This may be a bit of an edge case. I have a folder with a large number of assets (110k +) that all I want at this point is for the folder monitor to "process" and know they exist so I can have the system reencode new assets that come in after everything that currently exists (ie I do not want to renecode 110k+ old assets, ill just encode the new ones coming in as they do). If I am doing this wrong/better way, please let me know

I have set up a folder monitor in a workflow (not currently connected to any other node) and will change it once the monitor "catches up"

The bug I have noticed however is watching the Status Monitor Window, the Finished Jobs and Success options have stopped counting/are counting backwards.

The Finished Jobs has stopped at 27603. The Success has gone as high as 27590 but now is slowly counting backwards and is sitting at 27586.

When I check the db\cache\wfs folder I can see in the job that over 55000 items have been processed
emcodem

Re: Status Monitor stops reporting after 27590 assets

Post by emcodem »

Hey adamb!

welcome to the forum and thank you for using ffastrans!
Well this is a hairy area. A few releases ago, the inbuilt job monitor only displayed 200 jobs, not more.
From feeling, the way you set up your workflow is totally fine. The problem is just with the "display" of the inbuilt monitor.
The way it is now, it might not be updated to support showing 100k+ jobs, that might happen maybe somewhen next year but a few major steps in development are pending for that.

For now i suggest to delete the finished jobs in your status monitor whenever it comes to a disturbed status.
The best way to check what was processed is currently the db\cache\wfs folder. To check for errors, you might just want to add a "text file" node in your workflow and append errors to some text file.

Anything i forgot?
emcodem, wrapping since 2009 you got the rhyme?
adamb

Re: Status Monitor stops reporting after 27590 assets

Post by adamb »

Hello emcodem,

Thanks for the reply. I knew what I was doing was "edge case" and didnt expect a quick fix (or a fix at all), but I appreciate the details and help in workarounds for it.

Keep doing awesome work :)