P2 error localizing file

Here you can submit bugreports
lieberreich

P2 error localizing file

Post by lieberreich »

Hi! I have an intresting issue. FFAStrans trying to process an xml while it's still copying an mxf to watchfolder and i constantly get "error localizing file". So it's do nothing when all files come to the watchfolder. What should i do to make workflow start only after copying
admin
Site Admin

Re: P2 error localizing file

Post by admin »

Hi lieberreich,

The best thing you can do to tackle this challenge would be to copy to a another folder on the same share/drive and then move the folder to the monitored one after copying. That way you will make sure FFAStrans does not try to process files that has not yet been copied.

Monitoring files for their readiness is harder than it seems. Depending on the nature of your storage and the copy application, other applications may open and read the files before they are finished being copied. FFAStrans has some mechanisms to try and resolve this so it don't start working on files being copied but it's not 100% guaranteed to work in every scenario. But I will anyway take a look at the methods being used and see if there is room for improvements.

Thanks for notifying! :-)

-steinar
lieberreich

Re: P2 error localizing file

Post by lieberreich »

Thank you for your reply! I already become to the same solution)