Header Information of MXF File

Questions and answers on how to get the most out of FFAStrans
vijm1972

Header Information of MXF File

Post by vijm1972 »

Hi Steipal,

I have some XDCAM MXF files in which I need to change header information as per below.

from Format settings : Open/Incomplete to Close/Complete

Edited:
If I use -codec copy using custom ffmpeg, I am able to repair the information but it will took half the real time of source to process.
Please suggest if FFAStrans has any MXF tool which can repair this information in less time?

Thanks
Vijay
admin
Site Admin

Re: Header Information of MXF File

Post by admin »

FFAStrans has no built in mxf tools for this operation. Maybe you can do this by using one of the BMX tools:
https://sourceforge.net/p/bmxlib/home/Home

Copying streams in FFmpeg is almost as fast as just copying a file. It's just copying information without any re-encoding and should be really fast.

-steipal
vijm1972

Post by vijm1972 »

I have confirmed with BMX team they told it's not possible with BMX tools. They explained that "Open/Incomplete probably relates to the metadata in the header partition at the start of the file and Closed/Complete metadata is likely present in the footer partition at the end of the file. It is possible but I don't know of a tool that provides that functionality. The footer should normally be Closed/Complete if the file writer filled in all required information".

Vijay
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ok, thanks for the info. The MXF files that are Open/Incomplete, are these files created by FFAStrans?

-steipal
vijm1972

Post by vijm1972 »

No we have used Omneon system.
Please find below screen shot.

MXF.jpg
MXF.jpg (33.11 KiB) Viewed 10547 times

Issue with those files is while importing in any player or application its took more time.

Vijay