Deny files

Questions and answers on how to get the most out of FFAStrans
bob

Deny files

Post by bob »

Hi there,

I am sending files to the ffastrans watchfolder using the pure FTP service, but often the transcoding starts before the file is fully received, likely due to a slow connection. I have already tried the "check the growing files" option and also set the sleep timer higher, but the encoding of the files still starts before the file actually arrives. Temporary files arrive in the watchfolder all with names like ".pureftpd-upload.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx".

I tried entering ".pureftpd-upload." in various ways in the "Deny files" field, but the files still come through. What would be the correct way to do this?

Thanks for any input,
momocampo

Re: Deny files

Post by momocampo »

Hello Bob and thanks for using FFAStrans.
Well, first of all and in theory, a 30sec or more sleep timer and a "check growing files" option should be ok. It means FFASTrans checks every 30 sec if you file grows, if yes, wait for 30 sec and so on. So even with a slow ftp connection it should be enough.
About your deny file, you have to use a wildcard to tell to FFASTrans don't pick up file with ".pureftpd-upload." even there is something before or after so :

Code: Select all

*.pureftpd-upload.*
it should be ok.
Tell us if it helps you.
Thanks.

Cheers
bob

Re: Deny files

Post by bob »

Thank you, now it's working