Rename "pretty_name"?

Questions and answers on how to get the most out of FFAStrans
knk

Rename "pretty_name"?

Post by knk »

Hi guys!

I've set up a workflow to concatenate videos using the web interface and where there's a form (webui variable*) for naming the final file.

The thing is if you get 100 files in, in the Job Status page, the Source list displays 100 times the same name - in my case the name of the first clip in the list. That reflects in the Running as well a the Completed panels.

In the logs I can see this as the "pretty_name" but I can't seem to change that variable. Is this possible?
Could it be - preferably - set to be the same name as the variable* that sets the final filename?

Thanks in advance!

@steinar @emcodem Congrats on the new Web! Thumbnails (previews) are much appreciated!
emcodem

Re: Rename "pretty_name"?

Post by emcodem »

Hi knk!

i know exactly what you mean and we made a lot of thoughts around that part.
So altering pretty name variable is not possible and my request to be able to change it was rejected by steinar, if i recall correctly it was because he could not imagine any way that allows this in a nice controlled fashion.

In a few days, steinar should release ffastrans 1.4 which does support submitting ready to use ffconcat lists as source file. This is a feature that i requested from steinar exactly for your usecase. So once 1.4 is out, i will alter webinterface accordingly and add the option to use this form of job submission - which in return should mostly solve your problem.

Let's try it this way before i come up with some dirty hacky solution that might not survive even the next update :)
emcodem, wrapping since 2009 you got the rhyme?
knk

Post by knk »

Yes, a clean way is always better, futurewise.
I'll wait for the 1.4 version and webinterface upgrade.
Thanks a lot for your patience and dedication!
Best regards
taner

Post by taner »

emcodem wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:56 am In a few days, steinar should release ffastrans 1.4
Aha!
FranceBB

Post by FranceBB »

emcodem wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:56 am In a few days, steinar should release ffastrans 1.4
Wasn't it supposed to be a surprise? hahahahhahaahahahaha :lol: