Corrupt Files Transcode

Questions and answers on how to get the most out of FFAStrans
FranceBB

Re: Corrupt Files Transcode

Post by FranceBB »

Pippo wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:59 am LWLibavVideoSource("normal_file.mxf")

Script error: There is no function named 'LWLibavvideoSource'.
Yes that's because either it's not finding the plugin or it can't load it.

Make sure that:

- AviSynthPlus_3.7.3_20230715_vcredist.exe is actually installed and you're not running it portable
- L-SMASH-Works-r1147.0.0.0.7z the x64 dll from the package is actually extracted in the plugins64+ folder of Avisynth (it should be in C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth+\plugins64+)
- C++ Redistributable are actually installed on the system https://github.com/abbodi1406/vcredist/ ... 86_x64.exe

Then try again and it should work.
Pippo

Post by Pippo »

Thank you so much for wanting to help me but I don't think it's possible!? It has to work somehow or not? The file has a size and metadata is present. Not all of them are broken, but I hope it still works- look at the screenshots
Attachments
002.PNG
002.PNG (7.47 KiB) Viewed 2110 times
001.PNG
001.PNG (27.67 KiB) Viewed 2110 times
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

Does VLC play the file? Did you try a ffastrans workflow without A/V decoder, just Monitor->Encode->Deliver?
emcodem, wrapping since 2009 you got the rhyme?
FranceBB

Post by FranceBB »

Pippo wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:04 am Thank you so much for wanting to help me but I don't think it's possible!?
Oh... so it does take a long time to index and it creates the lwi file but then it fails to actually decode it, that's a shame... :(
emcodem wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:24 pm Does VLC play the file?
Good question.
Pippo, you can also try with MPC-HC by installing the K-Lite Codec Pack (another piece of emcodem sadly died after reading this statement).
No, but seriously, the only reason why I'm interested in this playback test is that MPC-HC would use LAV to decode it and if it's successful, then we can totally use DirectShowSource() to index it in Avisynth, create a lossless HuffYUV intermediate output and then feed it to FFAStrans as if it was a normal file. :D
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

FranceBB wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:34 pm K-Lite Codec Pack
Hehe yes, it is harmful, one should never install Directshow codec packs ;-)
Pippo

Post by Pippo »

Thank Guys for helping...

VLC the Wonder Programm is always the first thing I try. If VLC can read it, any transcode programs can read it. But unfortunately it doesn't work.
Unfortunately MPC-HC doesn't work either.
I think I need to take some training, learn programming and try using FFmpeg. :shock:
Its possible to repair this, i know this. But the Question is.... How? :lol:
It's a shame I can't send you anything. Material is not for the public and is treated strictly here.

EDIT: The best thing about it all is. If you write to Metus Ingest Support that the system crashed and the files could not be finished writing, how to repair it and whether they have a tool. Answer: ''No, crashed files cannot be repaired''. :lol: Best support ever
FranceBB

Post by FranceBB »

Interesting.
What happens if you remux it to mkv using MKVToolnix and then you feed it to FFAStrans? https://mkvtoolnix.download/downloads.html
MKVToolnix is pretty intuitive, just open MKVToolnixGUI, drag and drop the file and then press "start multiplexing".
It will remux the file to .mkv thus producing a copy but in a new container.
At that point you can feed FFAStrans with that new copy (i.e the remuxed file) and see if it works.
You can also try to index it with LWLibavVideoSource() at that point and see if it works.

The other thing about FFMpeg would be to try the following:
download ffmpeg from here https://github.com/BtbN/FFmpeg-Builds/releases
Put it in a folder somewhere.
Create a .txt in that same folder called Remux.bat and inside write:

Code: Select all

ffmpeg.exe -i "your_corrupted_file.mxf" -c:v copy -c:a copy -y "remux.mkv"

pause
(obviously you need to include the path to your file when you specify -i like -i "D:\encodes\test.mxf")

then save it and double click on the BAT (i.e the txt you just created and renamed) and Windows will execute it.
Once it's executed, if the remux is successful, it will create the file remux.mkv in the same folder.
Feed that mkv to FFAStrans and if it doesn't work try to index it with LWLibavVideoSource() and let us know.

If everything else fails, you can also try one thing just to let us know the eventual error, namely performing the same as before in the BAT but instead of the former command you can use:

Code: Select all

ffmpeg.exe -i "your_corrupted_file.mxf" -c:v ffvhuff -an -y "output.avi"

pause
and then double click on the BAT to execute it.
If it does create output.avi, then we can celebrate 'cause at that point you can easily feed it to FFAStrans and live happily ever after, while if it doesn't and it outputs an error, just post here the error ;)

emcodem wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:27 am Hehe yes, it is harmful, one should never install Directshow codec packs ;-)
it depends on how desperate you are in recovering a file. Sometimes LAV can work miracles and that's when DirectShowSource() comes in handy.
It not-so-recently saved my butt in a badly screwed up flv container carrying HE-AAC v2. True story.
Unfortunately for Pippo, though, this wasn't the case this time for his file... :(
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

Pippo wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:00 pm ''No, crashed files cannot be repaired''. :lol: Best support ever
my god ^^
Pippo

Post by Pippo »

sorry, for answering late. Im at the next Production and my Laptop crashed down. So, i have to wait to go back home and fix my Laptop. Then i continue it soon as possible and let you know guys