FFAStrans Completely Broken?

Here you can submit bugreports
sunkast

FFAStrans Completely Broken?

Post by sunkast »

Looking for some troubleshooting help. I can no longer get ANY workflow to process. I submit a file, and literally nothing happens. Even if I look at the status monitor, nothing shows up after I submit a file to be processed. I even tried creating a new, very simple workflow that just extracts audio from a video to wav and delivers it to a folder. Still nothing happens.

Any idea where to start troubleshooting? I even made sure I was on the latest version. I am completely stumped.
sunkast

Re: FFAStrans Completely Broken?

Post by sunkast »

So no idea what was wrong but I fixed it by extracting the zip file contents to a new folder, then copying them to the existing location that I have FFAStrans. Seems to work again.
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

damned, it is pretty hard to really debug such kind of errros. The easiest is usually to do exactly what you did, extract a fresh installation, copy the workflows and off you go
emcodem, wrapping since 2009 you got the rhyme?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi suncast,

Since all working again after you "reinstalled" all the files from the 7z package there is a slight chance that some antivirus got a false positive on the exe_manager.exe file inside the Processors folder. If this happens again, please check if that might be the case. I have seen this before and without the exe_manager.exe file there is no way FFAStrans will process anything.

-steinar