Insert Media after 10 sec

Questions and answers on how to get the most out of FFAStrans
authorleon

Re: Insert Media after 10 sec

Post by authorleon »

emcodem wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:18 pm Yeah :D Maybe you want to share your finally working version here?
Of course... I am still at work.. But this weekend.. For sure!!!
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

Yeeey 8-)
emcodem, wrapping since 2009 you got the rhyme?
authorleon

Post by authorleon »

Hello all.

Here is the working JSON file.

Concept

To be able to insert a video after after a frame number

Main video > Intro Video > Main video > Outro Video.
Why Do This?
Normally, An intro is usually at the beginning of the video. However, I have seen some videos that use intros after a certain amount of time. Why would this be useful. Well first you can introduce yourself, then put an intro, and then continue with the video. This is very compelling from a deep psychological perspective. It effectively replaces subliminal messages which are illegal.

Originally, we used to seconds to define When the intro should be inserted. But, it is much better to use a frame number, which for me seems to be more accurate and less complicated. This variable is obtained from the text file which should be the same name as the video file.

Improvements
  • To have a fade transition between the main video and the intro video. Maybe 0.2 Seconds
Queries
  • I noticed that we can add a video layer. How does this particular concept work, and where would you insert it in the workflow.
  • I noticed the video layers must be AVI uncompressed, Which would be a massive file. Would it be possible to execute a video layer after number of seconds?
Attachments
Dynamic Insert.json
(14.59 KiB) Downloaded 198 times
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

So cool, Thanks for this!
Do you like to analyzr the first scene change to determine the insertion point automatically?
authorleon wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:39 pm
  • I noticed that we can add a video layer. How does this particular concept work, and where would you insert it in the workflow.
Depends... In your workflow, you only have 2 options, after the a/v decoder so it only overlays the mainclip or before the encoder so it overlays the Full Thing.
authorleon wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:39 pm
  • I noticed the video layers must be AVI uncompressed, Which would be a massive file. Would it be possible to execute a video layer after number of seconds?
It basically Supports any installed vfw codec AFIK. Let me Check if there are any h264 vfw decoders... I believe there was some libav based stuff available that would enable Support for mostly any codec.
We will Sure work in this processeor but Not for the upcoming 1.2..

Anyway, we can also Do the overlays in the custom avs Script node or Insert a second one instead of using the existing processor.

I didnt try but in theory, you just Do this in a New custom avisynth node:

m_clip = Overlay(m_clip, Ffvideosource("path to file" ))
Return m_clip

Sure the overlay function is pretty mighty, check it out on avisynth.nl
To overlay only parts of your Clip, we need to use trim, e..g.
Trim(0,1608)+Trim(1609,1746).Overlay(ovl)+Trim(1747,0)

I can come up with a better explaination monday :)
authorleon

Post by authorleon »

Hey emcodem,

I must be going mad because I really thought I replied to your comments. It is not like me not to. I think I might be going mad in my old age. LOL

1. From what aware I'm not analysing anything. I thought it would be a few lines of code added to the AVS script.

2. Depends... In your workflow, you only have 2 options, after the a/v decoder so it only overlays the mainclip or before the encoder so it overlays the Full Thing. - Thank you for the explanation. Going to try it out.

3. It basically Supports any installed vfw codec AFIK. Let me Check if there are any h264 vfw decoders... I believe there was some libav based stuff available that would enable Support for mostly any codec.
We will Sure work in this processeor but Not for the upcoming 1.2.. - This one is very interesting for me. If you are aware of any small file size video codec that I can use, please let me know. As before the AVI files are gargantuan.

4. I still have a lot of playing around to do. I hope to have some time next week.

Thank you all and emcodem.
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

Well what about a h264 vfw decoder: https://sourceforge.net/projects/x264vfw/
I just tried it and it seems to work well. For some reason the final picture was turned 180 degrees, not sure if that comes from the h264 decoder.

For my test, i created the "overlay" clip using this commandline:

Code: Select all

ffmpeg -i C:\temp\mitaudio.avi -c:v libx264 -an -r 30 c:\temp\30fps.avi 
You must take care that the framerate and mostly all other properties of the clips match the input files.

Let me know if it worked for you
authorleon

Post by authorleon »

emcodem wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:20 pm Well what about a h264 vfw decoder: https://sourceforge.net/projects/x264vfw/
I just tried it and it seems to work well. For some reason the final picture was turned 180 degrees, not sure if that comes from the h264 decoder.

For my test, i created the "overlay" clip using this commandline:

Code: Select all

ffmpeg -i C:\temp\mitaudio.avi -c:v libx264 -an -r 30 c:\temp\30fps.avi 
You must take care that the framerate and mostly all other properties of the clips match the input files.

Let me know if it worked for you
Hey emcodem,

For the delay. I have been so busy at work!!!! I will try this out very soon. I hope you are well.
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

Yeeey, well i hope YOU are fine :D ..looking forward to hear about your results!
authorleon

Post by authorleon »

my goodness, sorry for the delay. It has been a hectic time to say the very least.

Especially with all this COVID malarkey.

I can say yes it definitely does work. After tinkering around and it is quite accurate.