Service failed to bind to port

Questions and answers on how to get the most out of FFAStrans
emcodem

Re: Service failed to bind to port

Post by emcodem »

OK thats the OS and patchset that most of us use :D
So i'd not really expect a "windows bug" but more like a badly implemented 3rdparty driver or similar. Something that is installed on your system but not on most others.
Anyway, if you like to go on debugging the issue and identify the cause of the issue, you'd need to follow up what i wrote above:
After that, you can try each and every ip address your machine has in ipconfig /all and check if one of the interfaces is the guilty one.
So when you got the same error executing "C:\dev\testlisten.exe "0.0.0.0" 65445", you try each and every IP listed in ipconfig /all and additionally the loopback adapter:

C:\dev\testlisten.exe "127.0.0.1" 65445

On a sidenote, there is a shortcoming in the source code of the FFAStrans rest_api stuff, it actually misses to release/teardown networking resources on close. This is already fixed and will be in the next release version but there is no guarantee yet that it solves your issue. For solving your issue we'd need to know more as proposed above.
emcodem, wrapping since 2009 you got the rhyme?
lue3099

Post by lue3099 »

Hi Emcodem,

It happens directly on all interface IPs including loopback and seems to occur after a reboot. Once the host network service is restarted its fine.

Regards,
Lue
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

Thanks Lue, next question: is it true that you just start up ffastrans, it works. Then you stop and restart and it does not work anymore?
You can probably retry this procedure on any other port using the testprogram i sent, it does not teardown networking on close as well.

E.g. can you execute successfully twice:
C:\dev\testlisten.exe "0.0.0.0" 9999
emcodem, wrapping since 2009 you got the rhyme?