1.2.2 upgrade contains outdated youtube-dl

Here you can submit bugreports
crispyjones

1.2.2 upgrade contains outdated youtube-dl

Post by crispyjones »

Upgraded to version 1.2.2, post upgrade I found that workflows utilizing the youtube-dl processor were taking a very long time to complete. Found that the version packaged was out of date 2021.4.17. After manually upgrading youtube-dl by running youtube-dl.exe -U the workflow times returned to normal.
youtubedl.png
youtubedl.png (15.13 KiB) Viewed 2410 times
FranceBB

Re: 1.2.2 upgrade contains outdated youtube-dl

Post by FranceBB »

Noted. It's weird, though, that it completed the job but just took longer for it to be completed.
Anyway, I'll check the version shipped and we'll make sure to ship an updated one when 1.3 will be released (time to check GitHub).
Unfortunately I don't use the YouTube dl node so I've never tested it honestly, otherwise we would have caught it before the release.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention. :)
crispyjones

Post by crispyjones »

I agree, odd turn of events. I expected to roll back the whole install to 1.2.1 but I decided to try the easy thing first, and for once it worked. Since FFAStrans 1.0 youtube-dl gets updated daily automatically, had I not bothered to test a few clips it likely would have gone unnoticed.
Last edited by crispyjones on Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

looks like we have overall 3 great catches here, one for Clarke (at least what i can read from his shirt), one for Wicks and one for Jones :lol:
Go Crispy!
emcodem, wrapping since 2009 you got the rhyme?