FTP monitor node does not pick any files

Questions and answers on how to get the most out of FFAStrans
emcodem

Re: FTP monitor node does not pick any files

Post by emcodem »

Hey @Ghtais

yeah deleting is something that steinar currently avoids because of some very bad experiences with it...
You should be able to come up with a simple batch for it, about like the following:

In a write text file node, write the ftp script to c:\temp\script.bat (untested):

Code: Select all

open ftp.domain.com
username
password
cd %s_ftp_directory%
delete %s_original_name%
In a command line editor, execute the generated batch:

Code: Select all

ftp -s:c:\temp\script.bat
emcodem, wrapping since 2009 you got the rhyme?
momocampo

Post by momocampo »

Hi Ghtais,
Hmmm, for me it is a real danger to execute a batch like this. Use it with great care!
;)
B.
Ghtais

Post by Ghtais »

hi all

Thank you for your help, I will test it soon.
@benjamin : no danger when you know what you do :)
3dsasha

Post by 3dsasha »

My another question about FTP monitor: Why new files from monitored FTP are localizing (downloading) if I want to monitor appearance new files only? For example, simple workflow "FTP monitor -> Command executor (message new filenames to user)" causes to temporarily download huge files to get list of new files. How to prevent localizing files to get file list only?
Am I right? I'm newbie to FFAStrans, but I see a great potential of this software!
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

Hey @3dsasha

welcome to the forum and thank you for using ffastrans!
Unfortunately, and it is the first time that i say this since i joined here: i dont see any possible way to use the ftp monitor as you like. Definitely not possible "directly" and also no possible workaround comes to my mind. Sorry :-D

How you can do what you like is to use a scheduled job on the webinterface, you could periodically get a listing using commandline ftp. If you want to go that road, please open a topic for it...
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

@3dshasha

Finally i found the way to go. You can do what you want using the following tool - it lets you connect the FTP server as removeable disk with drive letter:
"Ftpuse" based on dokan (just search for ftpuse): http://dokan-dev.github.io/

The fact that its based on Dokan should prevent any Bluescreens and at the same time allow you to run ffastrans as service instead of just as local application. One drawback is that you must re-mount the drive every time the Server boots.

Be aware that such "fake drives" come with some limitations. It should work for "listing files" - so the monitoring part should work, but in case you want to "transcode" the file from FTP, you better first "localize" by using a Deliver node before the transcoding is done. But honestly, if you want to transcode from FTP, better stick to the built in FTP monitor, it's got some error handling at least which is then visible in the ffastrans UI (hopefully :-D)