Linux watchfolder

Questions and answers on how to get the most out of FFAStrans
andrezagato

Linux watchfolder

Post by andrezagato »

Hi,
I'm new here and been reading a lot but there is one issue I can't solve in my workflow.
Basically, I have one network storage IP 10.20.53.140 mapped to the N: drive letter. The workflow process every video to MXF 59.94i, every image to PNG and every audio to MP3. And then delivers to a different network storage \\sp-rtv-trans-1\ drive letter Y:
The issue I'm facing is that sometimes FFASTrans won't pick up some files on the watchfolder. If I start the job manually, it processes. So there is no issue with the file itself.
This "N:" network storage is just a Linux with a drive partition on the network, it isn't any modern NAS drive. Could that be the reason?
Attachments
FACTUAIS NOVA.json
(15.51 KiB) Downloaded 272 times
ThomasM
Site Admin

Re: Linux watchfolder

Post by ThomasM »

Hi andrezagato,

The Workflow seems to be ok over all. there should be no issues with network or mapped folders - I use them with FFAStrans also with Synology-NAS and in mixed WIN / MAC- Environments.

Maybe you can switch "check growing files" on (leave to "once" - refer to the help-file for this).

Priority in properties is set to Low (1) - I never used this setting. Not sure what effect this could have on the monitoring. Maybe set this to the default again.

Just my two cents...
cheers,

tom
momocampo

Post by momocampo »

Hello andrezagato,
Welcome to the forum.
Could you tell us how you use FFAStrans? as application or as service?
If you didn't install rest-service, check the box "run as application".
cheers.

Benjamin
andrezagato

Post by andrezagato »

Hi and thanks for the reply.
Tom, I will try the "check growing files" feature, and see if helps!
About the priorities, I did it on purpose, because the "FACTUAIS" normally is for daily and current events, while the BSE EXC is for bigger stories, so they take days to produce it. This way I can use multiple computers looking at different watchfolders, and it will give priority to the daily content, and as soon as they finish the daily, they can focus on the other files.

Momocampo,
For now I'm using as a application. But it is my plan to use as a service, since we switch users all the time at the processing pcs. But I'm still stress- testing before I can present to our managers.