Submitting files from different locations

Use this forum to request features. Maybe you'll get lucky!
taner

Submitting files from different locations

Post by taner »

Hello Steinar,

If possible it would be great having the feature submitting files from multiple directories at once.
That would be a time-saver in some cases.

Best
Taneer
emcodem

Re: Submitting files from different locations

Post by emcodem »

Aye taner, always good to hear from you.
I just wonder what you mean by saying "from multiple directories at once"...
What you want to do, select one folder and submit all contained files, one job for each single file?
emcodem, wrapping since 2009 you got the rhyme?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Taner :-)

I assume you're talking about the submit functionality where the standard windows file requester pops up? If so, this is a windows limitation. If you get something like "You can choose multiple items only if they are all located in the same folder.", the message is created by Windows, not FFAStrans.

It might be that we're able to support it by using drag and drop but that's a different ballgame and approach, and we have not looked into that.

-steinar
taner

Post by taner »

Hi guys,

@emcodem: thanks for asking.
@Steinar: yes, correct, that's the message I get :)
I've re-arranged most of my workflows, they are lacking now for a watchfolder.
For those workflows I actually don't need it and for their purposes submitting files manually makes it more flexible.
Thanks for clarification.

One question: is it possibe, maybe in future, to submit gopro-files (all files in the same folder) manually?
That would be a huge benefit.

Best
Taner

Edit: the gopro-files-question is aimed to the functionality of the gopro-watchfolder (stitching). So stitching gopro-files without the need of using the appropriate watchfolder
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Because the GoPro, P2 and Canon XF monitors has special code to deal with split clips, submitting those files is not as straight forward as submitting "regular" single files. But I agree with you; the monitors should be able to accept submitting those files but to support submitting to what ever node you like is not that easy. So I think we must start with submitting to the particular monitors. I will look into this for the next big release.

Thanks for the request, and a reminder of something I have been thinking of a few times before.

-steinar
taner

Post by taner »

Great, thanks!