DVD Encoder Bugs

Here you can submit bugreports
philipchristiansen

DVD Encoder Bugs

Post by philipchristiansen »

Hey!

Just started really messing around with v1.0, and it looks like there are a couple bugs going on with the DVD encoder.

1. The bitrate setting doesn’t seem to work. Set at 3000kbps, still renders at ~8000kbps. I think this was also a bug back somewhere in v0.9.
2. The DVD encoder doesn’t render out a full frame. Looks like the bottom 1/3 of the frame is missing.
3. Looks like the encoder will hang sometimes and error out.

For #1, looks like it just ignores whatever bitrate is specified in the encoder node.

For #2, I am not sure if this is an issue with FFASTrans or maybe with VLC, where I was viewing the files. On one computer it played back fine, on others it didn't. I might play with this more and see if I can find anything more solid.

For #3, this definitely seems to be related to processor usage and job instances. I tried adjusting the timeout settings in the workflow properties, but that made no difference. If I limit down instances to processes to 1, it works fine. Any additional processes above 1 and it fails. This is the error:

Timeout (0) reached! Node failed due to abnormal inactivity during encoding!

I have attached some source files, encoded files, and a log json from one of the failed files in the Google Drive link below:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=10qUTe ... Azse8VqapA

As an additional note, the encoder seems to be much slower than the last v0.9 release. I can easily process 3 jobs in v0.9 at 5.5-7x, but on the same hardware in v1.0, 2 jobs at 5-6x is all it manages.

Hope all this helps! If I find anything more, I'll add it in here. Can't wait to knock these out of the way to be able to use some of the new features with v1.0!

Thanks!
admin
Site Admin

Re: DVD Encoder Bugs

Post by admin »

Hi Phlip,

Thanks for reporting, I will take a look at it.

-steinar
philipchristiansen

Hey Steinar!

Was wondering if there was any more info you might need on my end.

Happy to help!

Thanks!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi philip,

Sorry about the delayed reply but I can confirm that the bit rate does not behave as expected, and it will be fixed. Also, in my tests the speed difference might be tied to same issue, although not the kind of difference you report. After the fix they perform pretty much the same.
The other issue with timeout I'm not so sure about. Is it reproducable?

-steinar
philipchristiansen

I think it is reproducible?

It seems that it pops up during processing instead of displaying "Waiting for next processor resources..." Instead of just holding the job, it just fails out. If a run only a single job at a time, it works perfectly, but when I spin up multiple jobs on multiple cores and really run, it throws tons of errors.
philipchristiansen

Definitely reproducible. I just spun up a fresh install of Windows 10 just to make sure I hadn't done anything weird in the upgrade process from 0.9, and it's still struggling.

Would it help if I sent you the workflow?