Add "Processor@Node" to API /monitor

Use this forum to request features. Maybe you'll get lucky!
gdpodesta

Add "Processor@Node" to API /monitor

Post by gdpodesta »

In many cases, the Finished Jobs portion of the monitor will show 3 or 4 lines (in my case) that are identical. As the guy running these jobs, I recognize that it all depends on the workflow, but nobody else can make that distinction. Even I can't tell which part of the Workflow finished.

Can something be added to the Monitor output to be to make the distinction of what exactly finished with the shown result?
2-26-2020 10-19-44 AM.jpg
2-26-2020 10-19-44 AM.jpg (123.46 KiB) Viewed 6923 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: Add "Processor@Node" to API /monitor

Post by admin »

Hi gdpodesta,

Isn't this a bit similar to an earlier topic you created?: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1043&p=4955&hilit=gdpodesta#p4955

You can change the result/"Success" text to anything you want at the end of a job. This way you're not bound to whatever we implement in the monitors. Please import and take a look the the example workflow i have attached. Just submit any file to the "Start" node.

Hope this helps.

-steinar
Attachments
Results test.json
(4.74 KiB) Downloaded 335 times
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

an additional note, you might want to check out how the webinterface deals with all this stuff...
emcodem, wrapping since 2009 you got the rhyme?
gdpodesta

Post by gdpodesta »

Similar, but the other is for the new Web Interface, and this one is for the API/Monitor endpoint at http://x.x.x.x:65445/monitor.
Our users can't have access to the full web interface, but what they need to see IS in the api Monitor endpoint.
The WEb interface is regarding confusion about how it groups/collapses jobs, but in both cases, there is no specificity of each line being desiplayed
gdpodesta

Post by gdpodesta »

Okay, upon examining your workflow , I'm going to assume that you were saving this for my birthday, and that my whining forced you to show it to me early. Clearly, I haven't been aware of just how powerful FFAStrans really is, so you may not hear from me ever again as I dive into the "Wonderful World of Custom Variables". Thanks Guys!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hehe, that's nice to read, gdpodesta! And I don't mean the part about not hearing from you again ;-)

-steinar