Queued Jobs - Viewing or Cancelling?

Questions and answers on how to get the most out of FFAStrans
gdpodesta

Queued Jobs - Viewing or Cancelling?

Post by gdpodesta »

The API does not appear to have an endpoint for viewing Queued Jobs, and they don't appear on the WebInterface.
How does can I see them, and more importantly, cancelled a job that is queued, but not started?
I'm hoping that it will be in the API again, as I have some PHP scripts that check there. :)
admin
Site Admin

Re: Queued Jobs - Viewing or Cancelling?

Post by admin »

Hi gdpodesta,

Actually it does have an endpoint for queued jobs but it's undocumented. If you go to /api/json/v2/tickets you will get queued and running job tickets. But jobs will only get cancelled status once they start. So currently you cannot cancel queued jobs with immediate effect.

-steinar
gdpodesta

Post by gdpodesta »

Ah, perfect. I've added a 60 seconds wait before the job, so I can do just that.
The Queued jobs was what I've been counting on being there. Thanks again!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Great! Just out of curiosity; why would you add 60 seconds wait before the job? Is that a "Hold" node or something else?

-steinar
gdpodesta

Post by gdpodesta »

Firstly, all the Workflows are submitted with the API since they're but one pieces of the "Great Symphony of Ingestion", so there are a number of external processes that depend on things happening or not and existing or not.

So, with that, there are two reasons...we're using S3 to share a lot of files, so insuring that the objects "are available" is important, but then, when the Workflow starts, it gives me a small windows to Pause/Cancel it before it starts doing whatever it's going to do. And yes, i'ts a Hold Node.