Webinterface

Questions and answers on how to get the most out of FFAStrans
failsafe5000

Re: New Webinterface available

Post by failsafe5000 »

I gave that a try as well, and it gave me two error messages saying the workflow isn't logging enabled.

What I'll try next, when I get back into work next week, is to just create a new workflow, copy over the nodes, and use that one and see if that fixes it. The current one may have been duplicated from an older one that no longer exists, and maybe that is why.

Thanks for the help though, the web interface has really helped me out at work, as we are using two instances of it. One is so our editors can see when they are sending videos they need into Avid's production management (Media Central, Interplay, whatever Avid decides to call it tomorrow), this one is just through them going to the webpage.

The other is for a new transcode server I am setting up, so reporters can send their videos directly to Avid's Airspeeds, whether in house or in the field. That web interface is running on a raspberry pi, connected to our in house cable modulator, so they can monitor the progress by just going to a TV channel.
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

That sound like a good idea, 9.4 seems to have some issues when duplicating workflos. The logging support was kind of experimental in this version too ;-)
Cool idea to run the webint on a raspberry and expose it to the internet, this is exactly how it is designed and what it is built for! In future i hope to be able to do more on linux, e.g. some processing like transcode using built in Hardware (GPU) but that is still far away.
I guess you run it directly on linux on the raspbi using "node server.js" instead of server.exe ? :-)
emcodem, wrapping since 2009 you got the rhyme?
failsafe5000

Post by failsafe5000 »

It's a bit more of a simple setup then that, as the transcode server is hosting the webinterface server. I'm just using the raspberry pi as a simple web browser to view the site.
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

hehe i see :-)
By the way, instead of rebuilding the whole workflow, it might help to just delete and recreate the watchfolder component, there were multiple issues reported in this direction...
jerrysub

Post by jerrysub »

Hi,

how could I get in Finished panel the column Processor ?

br,
Jeremy
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

Hey Jeremy,
thats an information that does not exist in ffastrans, so i cannot display it. But as Version 1 is coming out soon, i might be able to change something on that topic.
What would you expect to be shown there, the last processor that was executed in the Branch?
failsafe5000

Post by failsafe5000 »

emcodem wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:37 am hehe i see :-)
By the way, instead of rebuilding the whole workflow, it might help to just delete and recreate the watchfolder component, there were multiple issues reported in this direction...
So I created a new workflow and just copied over the nodes, and now logs are working as expected.
jerrysub

Post by jerrysub »

emcodem wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:11 am Hey Jeremy,
thats an information that does not exist in ffastrans, so i cannot display it. But as Version 1 is coming out soon, i might be able to change something on that topic.
What would you expect to be shown there, the last processor that was executed in the Branch?
Hi,
at least the state per processor is perfect, a must could be a dropdown list for the global state (to reduce the qunatity of logs) of the job per workflow and then a view per processor inside the drop down. what do you think ?
br,
Jeremy
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

@failsafe5000 thanks for letting us know :-)
@jerrysub
sorry, i didn't quite get it... typically i like to explain stuff using a minimal amount of words but this time it might need some more explaination :-)

Up in front, the V1 Webinterface will group jobs and their branches while currently you see one line in the monitor per branch instead of per job.
Is it possible for you to explain a little more or draw a short picture about what you mean?
Also, can it be that you mix up the meaning of processor and job? Or are you not talking about the Main Job View of the webinterface but the job log window?

Just to clarify the naming, in this picture we have
-) one workflow
-) 2 branches (top is the main branch)
-) 7 processors, main branch has 4 processors, secondary branch has 3 processors
branching.png
branching.png (19.62 KiB) Viewed 10159 times
jerrysub

Post by jerrysub »

what do you think about this?
ffastrans_webinterface.PNG
ffastrans_webinterface.PNG (13.67 KiB) Viewed 10113 times
maybe this is more logic:
ffastrans_webinterface_v2.PNG
ffastrans_webinterface_v2.PNG (12.34 KiB) Viewed 10112 times