Export to tiff sequence - only YUV option?

Questions and answers on how to get the most out of FFAStrans
vsorkin

Export to tiff sequence - only YUV option?

Post by vsorkin »

I am trying to export a video file to tiff sequence(Stills Encoder). The output file comes out with color space YUV. Photoshop and other programs do not open such files. Is there an option to change the output preferences so that the tiff sequence comes out with RGB 16 bit depth? :geek:
emcodem

Re: Export to tiff sequence - only YUV option?

Post by emcodem »

Hey vsorkin,
welcome to the forum!

good question but currently you cannot do that using just the built-in processor "Encoders/Stills".
How you can still do it:

Build your workflow using the Encoers/Stills processor up to the point where it extracts exactly the pictures you like it to extract.
When you are done, check the internally generated ffmpeg command as described here:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=849&p=3549&hilit=beginners#p3641

Then you can use the commandline processor to execute fhe ffmpeg commandline for you, all you need to change is the path to ffmpeg and the source file as well as the output path. Plus of course add the stuff needed to get the 16bit tiff: " -compression_algo raw -pix_fmt rgb48"

An example for extracting 16bit TIFF that extracts every 25th frame, just paste this to the commandline processor.

Code: Select all

cmd /C ""%s_ffmpegx64%" -i "%s_source%" -vf select="not(mod(n\,25))",setfield=tff,separatefields,colorspace=fast=1:all=bt470bg:iall=bt709:format=yuv444p:irange=mpeg:range=pc:dither=fsb,weave=b -q:v 2 -f image2 -dpi 72 -compression_algo raw -pix_fmt rgb48 -vsync 0 -metadata creation_time=now -y "%s_source%%4d.tiff""
emcodem, wrapping since 2009 you got the rhyme?
vsorkin

Re: Export to tiff sequence - only YUV option?

Post by vsorkin »

Thank you very much, emcodem! I tried using option with "commandline processor", but did not understand how to write the commands correctly. Now it works.