Webinterface

Questions and answers on how to get the most out of FFAStrans
momocampo

Re: New Webinterface available

Post by momocampo »

You're right, I run FFastrans api and webinterface as windows service, run on the 2 server. FFastrans.exe is on NAS.
No log files or folder in webinterface installation folder...
veks

Post by veks »

Hi all!
I'm trying to install web rest service of FFAStrans, and it seems everything goes fine.
Web GUI service is installed and running.
When I go to the web page of GUI, it shows up but I got an error that API of FFAStrans isn't running.

When I turn on the "run as application" it works OK.

But, as FFAStrans should be running on server, in background all the time, even when users are logged out, option "run as application" is not an solution.

Any ideas why it won't work when I disable it?

Thanks!
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

Hi veks, welcome to the Forum and thank you for using ffastrans and the webinterface!

That's easy, when you hit the "install as windows service" button and after that, go to your windows services and start the "FFASTrans REST-API Service", next time you open Options->configuration->Host, the "Run as application" should be greyed out.
Just make sure the FFASTrans REST-API Service is started, then the webinterface should work just as before when everything ran as application.
emcodem, wrapping since 2009 you got the rhyme?
veks

Post by veks »

emcodem wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:10 am Hi veks, welcome to the Forum and thank you for using ffastrans and the webinterface!

That's easy, when you hit the "install as windows service" button and after that, go to your windows services and start the "FFASTrans REST-API Service", next time you open Options->configuration->Host, the "Run as application" should be greyed out.
Just make sure the FFASTrans REST-API Service is started, then the webinterface should work just as before when everything ran as application.
Thank you!
That worked out :)
failsafe5000

Post by failsafe5000 »

I'm having an issue with the web interface, saying that a workflow is not log enabled, even though it is set to log enabled, and I can see the logs in the correct folder its looking for.
logissue.png
logissue.png (14.26 KiB) Viewed 9336 times
logissue2.png
logissue2.png (139.41 KiB) Viewed 9336 times
I have another workflow that shows the logs correctly in the web interface.

I've tried restarting FFAStrans and the web interface, but the issue persists.

Any ideas?

EDIT:
I just noticed that its trying to pull the logs from an old workflow folder, even though the workflow is logging to the correct folder with its workflow id. Is there a reason why the web interface would be trying to pull the logs for this workflow from an old folder?
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

Hi @failsafe5000
thanks for using the webinterface :-)
Looking at the code section of interest, i can imagine this can happen if you have 2 workflows with the same "name".
If that is not the case, can you please check if the workflow id in "log to files" is the same than in the General Tab?
logss.png
logss.png (8.75 KiB) Viewed 9323 times
failsafe5000

Post by failsafe5000 »

I do have one other workflow that is disabled that is just called "2Avid". As for the log to files setting, the workflow id does match what is in the general tab.
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

Could you please upload the file 20191010184107.ini from the /Workflows folder in your ffastrans install directory?
failsafe5000

Post by failsafe5000 »

I don't have a 20191010184107.ini in the workflows folder, but attached is the workflow that is having the issue, and is the one currently in use
Attachments
20191011155124.ini
(4.61 KiB) Downloaded 309 times
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

Thanks!
Unfortunatly i don't get what's the problem. After importing the workflow, for me it looks in the correct directory for the logs.
You might want to know that with Version 1.0 in a few months, this problem i not of interest anymore as all around logging changed.
Anyway, if you want to go on and get this working, you could zip and upload your whole ffastrans directory to here
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

If you cannot share all the stuff, you might want to test how it behaves when you change the log directory in the workflow setting "Special" Tab to e.g. c:\temp