Web Monitor

Use this forum to request features. Maybe you'll get lucky!
timmohr

Web Monitor

Post by timmohr »

Hi Steipal,

I've just come across your software and it is incredible! Thank-you for it!

One thing that would be invaluable for our application is a web version of the status monitor.

We want to setup a watch folder on a network share, where people can dump files from anywhere in the building. Having a web version of the monitor means people can see if the job has been detected and if anything prevents it from running, like an un-recognized codec.

I read that FFAStrans is written in AutoIt. I found a TCP UDF which might mean that this would be possible? https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topi ... to-socket/

Thanks for your consideration and thanks again for an incredible piece of software!

Tim
admin
Site Admin

Re: Web Monitor

Post by admin »

Hi Tim,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for using FFAStrans!

I might supply a web-version of the monitor based on the WEB-api I'm working on. But my attention right now is the API and a completely rewrite of the workflow-editor, which i think will be quite cool 8-)

-steipal
imleotw

Post by imleotw »

this feature is cool~~~!! hope it release soon
uvbeenzaned

Post by uvbeenzaned »

This feature would be amazing! I am building a web application were videos are the main content and I use FFAStrans to normalize all content before it goes on the site. I am really missing a way to monitor the progress of a re-encode. Looking forward to seeing this.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

If you are really keen, you can test-drive the API I'm working on, at your own risk ;-) Just e-mail me at post@ffastrans.com and I'll send you the instructions. That is if you're comfortable with REST and JSON.

-steipal
tiler

Post by tiler »

+1 for the web version of status monitor :)
silicontrip

Post by silicontrip »

Woo Hoo! version 0.9.2 has a web monitor!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The web monitor was introduced in 0.8.0 ;-)

-steinar
VladimirI

Post by VladimirI »

Hi guys,

How I can access to web monitor page from internet browser?

Best regards
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi VladimirI, thank you for using FFAStrans and welcome to the forum! :-)

Under the main menu "Options" -> "Configuration" -> "Host" start the "Web REST service" as application. Copy the url string to clipboard and press "OK" to exit the configuration. Now the service should start and you can copy the url into you web browser. There you will see a link to the web monitor. Be aware that the monitor is VERY basic so don't expect much other than being able to see what's going on.

-steinar