Questions and answers on how to get the most out of FFAStrans
APerson

Re: Merge Audio and Video Files

Post by APerson »

I'm doing something similar to this, can anyone help me on my one
Link: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=940

edit* cant seem to post another one.

Hey Abul :lol: :lol: You got same project as me hahaha. No Plagiarizing :roll:

Can anyone help me with my one. Im getting so many errors i cant fix it :geek: :ugeek:
Attachments
Coursework_video_process.xml
(21.59 KiB) Downloaded 291 times
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

I'll follow up here instead of your other thread, please do not cross post different questions over multiple threads.
Looks like you changed my example workflow from this very thread in a way that it cannot work anymore. Why would you insert 2 different watchfolders, one for m2v and one for wav - this will just end up in multiple jobs, all of them not knowing what to do?

Basically you need to understand the merging behaviour as explained in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=849&p=3549&hilit=beginners#p3565
emcodem, wrapping since 2009 you got the rhyme?
APerson

Post by APerson »

emcodem wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:54 pm Basically you need to understand the merging behaviour as explained in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=849&p=3549&hilit=beginners#p3565
Thanks,
abul

Post by abul »

APerson wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:57 pm Hey Abul :lol: :lol: You got same project as me hahaha. No Plagiarizing :roll:
:? oooooo K :|

Guys do you know why sometimes my nodes vanish and end up under other nodes. I was confused and thought i lost some work and didn't export to save it.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi abul,

The Workflow editor has several flaws. This issue and hopefully most (or all?) other editor issues has been properly addressed in the next version of FFAStrans.

-steinar
abul

Post by abul »

Ah okay i see,

Does this command in the command executor make any sense?

%comspec% c/ %s_ffmpeg% -i "D:\Abul\Documents\Projects\Trans-Wrapping\merge\%s_audio_filename1%.wav" -i "D:\Abul\Documents\Projects\Trans-Wrapping\merge\%s_audio_filename2%.wav" -c copy -map 0:0 -map 1:0 %original_name%.mxf

Edit: I will have a transcoded video going in as well, but just wanted to if thats how you would execute a command
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Pay attention to quotes and paths:

%comspec% c/ ""%s_ffmpeg%" -i "D:\Abul\Documents\Projects\Trans-Wrapping\merge\%s_audio_filename1%.wav" -i "D:\Abul\Documents\Projects\Trans-Wrapping\merge\%s_audio_filename2%.wav" -c copy -map 0:0 -map 1:0 "<what path???>\%original_name%.mxf""

-steinar
abul

Post by abul »

Ok Thanks
abul

Post by abul »

Guys do you know how i can use the populate variable or the conditional to check if the name of a files contains certain characters

e.g

be able to say if Video_test_P2High, contains the value _P2High

I know i can select everything before the P"High from the previous help you have given, but is there a way for me to look for the string _P2High.

refer back to previous naming convention, name_somename_moreName_P2High
or name_somename_morename_High - don't need t do it for this one as i'm using the regext code provided before $regext("%s_original_name%","(.+)_High") to get the name cut and name the final file this.

but if my watch folder contains files with the P2High on it, the final name that i get in the delivey folder is .ext
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi abul,

You can simply use wildcards like this:

Contains: If %s_original_name% = *_P2High*
Ends with: If %s_original_name% = *_P2High
Starts with: If %s_original_name% = _P2High*

Hope this helps.

-steinar