Error code: 161 - The specified path is invalid

Questions and answers on how to get the most out of FFAStrans
BGIYYZ

Error code: 161 - The specified path is invalid

Post by BGIYYZ »

I'm having an issue with getting things to work the way I would like them to. I'm sure it's a simple setting I'm messing up, but I can't figure it out.

Okay, I use an antenna for my TV viewing and record shows using TVHeadend. I end up with files that are about 3.5Gb for 30 minutes and they live on a NAS with different folders for each show. For instance, \\PVR\show1, \\PVR\show2, etc.

Now, to save space, I would like to automatically encode the video files to take up less room. Once encoded, I have no need for the original file.

The NAS does not have the horsepower to do it's own encoding, so I want to use a separate Windows computer that is always on. I have mapped the PVR folder on the NAS as a drive on this Windows computer.

So, the workflow (so far) is very simple. First, I monitor the folders contained in Y: (which is a mapped drive to the NAS).
sshot-1.jpg
sshot-1.jpg (32.51 KiB) Viewed 5363 times

Then it gets encoded

Then it should get delivered, but here is probably where the problem happens
sshot-3.jpg
sshot-3.jpg (23.75 KiB) Viewed 5363 times
In the end, FFAStrans monitor says this:
sshot-4.jpg
sshot-4.jpg (44.15 KiB) Viewed 5363 times
In the deliveries node I have tried different %s_variables, but can't figure out the right one.

TL;DR
Basically, I want to
  • have FFAStrans monitor a remote folder for an unprocessed file that is not growing (ie: being recorded)
  • encode that file using a local computer
  • overwrite the original file in its original remote location getting rid of any temporary files on the encoding computer
Thanks for any help you guys can afford me!
emcodem

Re: Error code: 161 - The specified path is invalid

Post by emcodem »

Hi BGI, welcome to the forum!

i think you have to just put %s_original_path% as target Folder in the delivery Node. Definitely no "Y:" before as y: is already contained in s_original_path
emcodem, wrapping since 2009 you got the rhyme?
momocampo

Post by momocampo »

Hello,
In that kind of case, I prefer delivery in another folder and delete the original files after. Or use a suffix for delivery in same folder and delete original file.
cheers ,)
BGIYYZ

Post by BGIYYZ »

emcodem wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:21 pm Hi BGI, welcome to the forum!

i think you have to just put %s_original_path% as target Folder in the delivery Node. Definitely no "Y:" before as y: is already contained in s_original_path
Thank you emcodem - that was all it took!