Maybe a bug but not sure...

Here you can submit bugreports
momocampo

Maybe a bug but not sure...

Post by momocampo »

Hello,

Well, I wonder if I have a bug with the FFastrans rest service or a problem with my OS windows.
Here is the config : 2 computers; FFastrans rest service installed on each; Each computer has his own cache; FFastrans application on a NAS.
This config works great BUT sometimes the rest service stops working but windows says to me the service is started (Manage>Service>FFastrans REST-API service --> status "started").
Very weird. If I stop it or restart it, everything becomes ok again. This service stops either on computer 1 or computer 2 or both.
This computers are logged and never restart (or not often).

So, if Steinar or someone else has an idea if it is FFastrans or windows, it will be much appreciate.
I noticed the stop because the webinterface can't access to workflow any more.

Thanks for all.

Cheers.
Benjamin
admin
Site Admin

Re: Maybe a bug but not sure...

Post by admin »

Hi Benjamin,

I have seen this happening. What is your OS?

-steinar
momocampo

Post by momocampo »

Hey Steinar,

Ok the 2 workstations are on Windows 7 pro. Precision: the service stops not always the same day or the same hour, it is just random.
Thanks
Cheers.

B.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I have seen this happening, particularly on older os like Win7/server2008. They seem more prone to stop working correctly. Normally it is in farming environments and it seem to be a winnt.dll issue. I suspect is has to do with executable files running directly from a network share. I'm addressing this issue in the next major release so hopefully it will be better then. In the mean time, upgrading to Win10 might help.

-steinar
momocampo

Post by momocampo »

Hello Steinar,
Whaouh!! impressive that you find the issue, well done.
Anyway, it's ok for me, I think I will wait the next release. Meanwhile I'm going to check often and it will be ok.
I could upgrade to win10, I must think about it.
Thnaks for all ;)

Cheers.

B.
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

Hey Benjamin,

maybe i can give you a Little push on your decision for upgrading from Windows 7. Are you aware that Microsoft stops supporting Windows 7 in a few months (Jan. 14 2020) ?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... fact-sheet

This means, from 2020 if you run Win 7 or Server 2008 and a new Virus infects them, Microsoft will not fix the Problem so all Enterprises are forced to update all their Servers and Workstations until then.

As a developer i stopped testing/supporting Windows 7 and Server 2008 in all of my programs About 1 year ago. Typically they just work on the old OS but if they don't, i don't really care About it anymore.

cheers!
emcodem
emcodem, wrapping since 2009 you got the rhyme?
momocampo

Post by momocampo »

Hello emcodem,

Yes I know but for now, we prefer stay with WIN7 because we have some problems with W10. Other raison, we have to buy licences for the 10 ;)
Thanks ;)
Cheers.
B.