Subtitles Interface

Use this forum to request features. Maybe you'll get lucky!
zkazzay

Subtitles Interface

Post by zkazzay »

Hello Everyone,

My suggestion would be a module to add subtitles, i'm trying to do it now and since I'm a bit noob, it's getting really hard to make it right, and there's not much documentation or examples about command executor or something similar... What i ended up doing is, all the encoding through FFAStrans and then execute a bat file manually so that for all .srt files in that specific folder I burn them on the videos i encoded previously.

So here goes the suggestion to a new subtitles module:
Option between Hard or Soft coded (burnt in or additional track).
Option to set a specific file or search on a location for files with the same name (srt, stl, ass ext).
Option to set a different timecode IN for subtitles
Font style options (outline, font, opacity, etc).

There could be also a module to execute .bat files, or something more intuitive for the command executor.

Maybe this is too much work, but it's only my suggestion that hopefully will help someone on the future.

Best Regards,
admin
Site Admin

Re: Subtitles Interface

Post by admin »

Hi zkazzay, Thank you for using FFAStrans and welcome to the forum! :-)

Your subtitle-node request is noted, but the special node for executing .bat-files I'm not so sure about. What would be your wish for a new special .bat-execution node that the "Command executor" does not cover?

-steinar
zkazzay

Re: Subtitles Interface

Post by zkazzay »

Hi admin,

Thanks!
At the end i was able to make it work (execute a bat file with the "command executor") but it was a lot of trial/error, until i understood how it should be working.

Also, the hardcoded subtitles through ffmpeg will lose video quality, so an option for the output quality/codec, etc should also be something to consider :)

Best Regards,