Webinterface

Questions and answers on how to get the most out of FFAStrans
momocampo

Re: New Webinterface available

Post by momocampo »

Hey emcodem,too much

About my 3 : Damn, you update so quick that I don't see you're right, quit webpage save workspace--> great!!!
You're right again, I didn't understand your question about user management, so I don't try too much this user management yet, I admit it. I will do during this week I promise :) I will send you feedback.
Cheers.

B.
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

Ok, great... take your time Benjamin, i am not in a hurry. Meanwhile i just released 0.9.3.2, you should update it by downloading the package from my first post here. I added a search function that mimics the search function in the workflow tree (try to mimic functionality that i had before when "not using a tree"). This way i am happy with the tree, as long as i can search in it , it is OK. Actually i am pretty amused about this new component called "fancytree", i'll probably use their "fancygrid" in other projects in future.

cheers,
emcodem
emcodem, wrapping since 2009 you got the rhyme?
momocampo

Post by momocampo »

Hey emcodem,
Well, it's a shame there isn't chat because I see you are online :)
Anyway, I just try this user management (I couldn't resist) and I love it. It's open really good possibilities and especially exactly that I wanted : filter folder workflow by user. Congratulations and thank you!
There is only one thing I don't succeed, but I really looked for find something :) it's when we filter by group name first, we can't filter by name after.
It's a detail don't worry.
Last thing, I don't find if the order of filter permission is important. We can move up or down but why?
Thanks mate.

Cheers

Benjamin
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

No worries, i think a forum is better than chat because this way, one always thinks twice about the message you are submitting. Anyway, if you want to chat in future, post me a pm to get my skype id ;-)

Sorry i did not understand what you mean by group name first and workflow name after?

You can move up and down because of at least 2 reasons:
1) MENU permissions, e.g. "job view" are ordered that way, so you define the main menu item order for users (e.g. job submit first, job view second)
2) from an admin perspective, you might want to keep menu permissions at the bottom and filters at the top

You know, from a software design perspective, i always need to think a few steps further.. What about if we had 20 more permission items, in that case, the order of the items is important for easy administrating...
momocampo

Post by momocampo »

Hi emcodem,

Ok, here is what I mean :
1/ Create a user group
2/ add permission : submit jobs, jobs status, filter wf group.
3/ edit wf group with "encode" (workflow folder with 4 wf : h264_1;h264_2;dnxhd120;avi).
4/ create a user and join the group.

So, if user login, he will see only the "encode" folder with all 4 wf inside-->OK?
I wonder if I add in this group "filter wf name" and edit it with "h264", the user could see only "h264_1" and "h264_2". That's not the case.
We can't filter name INSIDE a group.
I hope you understand but honestly I really don't care.
Thanks emcodem.

Cheers.
Benjamin
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

Hm, what is the exact Input for your "Workflow Name" filter?

i think this should work:
h264_1|h264_2

[EDIT] Forget it, i just realized this cannot work, there is currently no Connection between Worfklow and Job including, so a Job will be added if the workflow OR the Job filter Matches. I am not sure if it is smart to Change this: lots of logic and description (complexity) for just a Little more optional functionality... There are many ways how to come around e,g, by using other jobnames and filter only on jobnames.

Let me know when you really Need this in production :-)
momocampo

Post by momocampo »

Hi,

No problem emcodem, it was really a detail and I almost sure I will not use the filter inside group so...Don't worry.
I'm really happy with this release.
Cheers.

Benjamin
jerrysub

Post by jerrysub »

Hi emcodem,

I am using the lastest relaese of the webinterface and opened access widely to users and I get a short request to get pending jobs.
Do you know it is possible to get queued job list from workflow manager ?

thanks,
Jérémy
jerrysub

Post by jerrysub »

Hi,

About user access right when enabled, can you add an text box to know which user is currently connected?
For troubleshooting access filter rights, it is really something necessary.

thanks,
Jeremy
jerrysub

Post by jerrysub »

Hi,
is it possible also to add a counter/listing of current user connected somewhere for only the admin ?
br,
Jeremy