Drop Frame Timecode Option in Transcode Node

Use this forum to request features. Maybe you'll get lucky!
philthewiz

Drop Frame Timecode Option in Transcode Node

Post by philthewiz »

Hi !

Wondered if we could include drop frame timecode in the transcode nodes? I convert 23.98p master files to 29.97i XDCAM50 deliverables.

Let me know if that is possible. Thank you and exited about the upcoming release :D
admin
Site Admin

Re: Drop Frame Timecode Option in Transcode Node

Post by admin »

Hi philthewiz,

Can you be a bit more specific? Ar you lacking TC track on output files from XDCAM-HD50, or are you referring too XDCAM IMX-50?

-steinar
philthewiz

Post by philthewiz »

I'm going from 23.98p DNxHD 175x to 29.97i DF XDCAM-HD50. I wanted to have Drop Frame timecode option in the encoder node if that is possible.
Maybe I can do it via FFMpeg command but, I wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything. The XDCAM-HD50 is very useful for deliveries in North America. Thank you again for your time.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ok, so it's not the option to create 29.97i but rather that timecode should be written in DF? If so, well that's a good point. You can insert a custom tc with DF notation in the tc input field but FFAStrans does not insert this automatically. But this I will take a look at for the next release.

Thanks for your input! :-)

-steinar
philthewiz

Post by philthewiz »

Thank you very much! The NTSC community thanks you for perpetuating this 20th century non-sense that is DF TC ;)