Minimize to system tray

Use this forum to request features. Maybe you'll get lucky!
XStylus

Minimize to system tray

Post by XStylus »

Hi there, thanks for making FFAStrans. I've only had a day to tinker with it but this looks like it would solve a lot of problems in my workflow.

A couple of quick questions -- Can there be a way for FFAStrans to be minimized to the system tray icon, rather than to the taskbar?

Secondly yet related to the first question, can there be a setting (perhaps a checkbox in the Options/Configuration window) whereby FFAStrans automatically launches minimized to the system tray?

And third, is there a way to set up FFAStrans to run as a system process? Currently I can set it to run automatically at startup when a user logs in, but this is no good for a headless system where a user rarely needs to log in.

Thank you!
Last edited by XStylus on Tue May 02, 2017 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Soffort

Re: Minimize to system tray

Post by Soffort »

For my opinion, it's very good request and I'll be happy about it! And next logical step - dividing software to server (as service) and control/view parts with remote access over the network. I hope, it can be possible in the future :)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi XStylus, thank you for using FFAStrans and welcome to the forum! :-)

I will take a look at your system tray request. It makes sense. Also, I have plans on making FFAStrans as a service.

-steinar
XStylus

Post by XStylus »

Hi there!

Was just curious as to if, by any chance, this feature request was still on the radar. Thank you!
momocampo

Post by momocampo »

Hello,
ouhhh it's a real good idea, don't know how I don't think about that early...
I use FFastrans as application and minimize will good really useful for me.
Hope it will be possible.

Cheers
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi all, I'm sorry but i simply forgot this request, so thanks for reminding. You might also consider running FFAStrans as service. It works very well. Anyway, I will try and add system tray very soon.

-steinar