source code

Use this forum to request features. Maybe you'll get lucky!
predat

source code

Post by predat »

I think your project is really useful and it would be interesting that you share
the source code on a platform like github or bitbucket.
This would allow a more rapid developement and greater visibility of the project.
This would also permit to develop versions for other plateform (eg Linux, Macosx).

I really think that you should think about it.
admin
Site Admin

Re: source code

Post by admin »

I really appreciate your interest in my project and normally I would agree with you. BUT, the "problem" with FFAStrans is that it's written (by a number of legacy reasons) in AutoIt; a Windows ONLY language much like VisualBasic. Converting it to C or other uni-platform languages would be very time-consuming and i don't have that kind of time. If I was to start this project today with lots of spare time I would probably take a different approach.

That said, it's of course possible to release the source code regardless of language but I hesitate to do that without a major cleanup ;-)

-steipal
timmohr

Post by timmohr »

Hi,

I'm a software developer myself, and I totally get not wanting to put the code out there until it's "cleaned up". The bottom line is though that no matter what your code looks like, the software seems solid and that's all that really matters. :)

If however you feel like perhaps you might want to sell it in the future, then it makes sense to keep it closed source and I totally understand.

Either way, I just wanted to congratulate you again on your efforts.

Tim
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The future is not set for FFAStrans. It's mostly a hobby project but if the price is right, who knows ;-)
The reason I don't put the source code out is not for the money but it's mostly because FFAStrans is not in a state I want it to be. Currently there is some major rewriting going on so releasing the code now would be counterproductive.

-steipal
rajneeshksoni

Post by rajneeshksoni »

Hi steipal,

Is is possible to add logs for each transcoding command executed by the project.
It would help debug some of the issues in my project.

Regards
Rajneesh
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Rajneesh,

Under the "Special"-tab in the workflow configuration, you can enable logging to file. Each job will create a new log .txt file based on a GUID.
What are the issues you're having?

-steipal