New Job Priority

Use this forum to request features. Maybe you'll get lucky!
gdpodesta

New Job Priority

Post by gdpodesta »

I'm about to start processing about 500 "old" videos that are very low priority.
It would be great if I could specify some priority when submitting each so that our normal production processing isn't delayed while these get done whenever nothing else is going on.
momocampo

Re: New Job Priority

Post by momocampo »

Hello gdpodesta,

If you have a special workflow to process your old files, you can go to workflow properties (right-click on workflow name in workflow manager, and select properties) and choose "low" or even "very low" for "priority. Be aware that this is not a CPU priority, but your old files will be delayed (or paused) if other jobs with a higher priority are submitted(jobs manually submitted from the GUI will always have the highest priority).
Hope it helps

Benjamin
gdpodesta

Post by gdpodesta »

So I'd want to duplicate the workflow and change priority?
momocampo

Post by momocampo »

Hey,
No need to duplicate, just change properties(but all monitor nodes will have very low priority inside the same workflow).
You could also use the webinterface and create a scheduled start to process your files during night for example.
gdpodesta

Post by gdpodesta »

Sorry, am confused. I'm submitting with the API, so as I'm understanding it, unless I want all jobs to be lower priority, it would have to be submitted to a duplicate that has a lower priority. Scheduling isn't an option, we get produciton files throughout the day and night.
momocampo

Post by momocampo »

Ok sorry too :)
SO you're right. Duplicate the part of the workflow you want and change its properties to low or very low. Try with 1 file and if the behavior is ok, start the rest .
;)